Become a Marketing Legend with StudySoup
Elite Notetaker Mention of the Day
CONGRATULATIONS to Theo Asada, Chanel Lui and Julia at UCSB for getting their first sales this morning!!! Wooo!!
So you’re back in class but you can’t stop thinking about the epic spring break you just had… Being a college student RULES!
You know what else is pretty awesome? Your gig as a StudySoup Elite Notetaker! I mean, who doesn’t like getting paid for work they have to do anyway?
And so, on that note, we’d like to share a few tips, tricks, and resources to help you start increase your sales!
Marketing Tip #1 — Spread the word!
Send your classmates a URL to your notes on the StudySoup exchange. You can do this a few different ways…
- Use your class messaging platform (Blackboard, Angel, Desire2Learn, Canvas or other). Or send your classmates an e-mail. ——–> This is the #1 way to get sales!
- Write your link on the whiteboard before class with a short message!
- Arrived early to class? Perfect, drop flyers in your classmates seat with your link on it 🙂
- Last but not least, you can collect emails by handing out this sheet. (link to sheet)
Marketing Tip #2 — Leverage social media.
How often have you spotted one of your peers looking at Facebook, using Snapchat, or using Tweeting during class? Well, why not give them something useful to look at?
- Create a Facebook page/group for your class and invite your classmates to join. You can use that page to share links to your notes each week!
- Tweet — You know what to do, but here’s an example: “Check-out my awesome notes and study guides [your link] #GetPaid2Study #(nameofyourschool) @StudySoup” clicktotweet
- Snapchat. That’s right, we said Snapchat. Use the photo messaging app to give your classmates a quick look at the high quality notes you take in class
- Can you guys help me pick a filter? I don’t know if I should go with XX Pro or Valencia. I wanna look tan. What should my caption be? I want it to be clever. How about: “Making Money, Saving Grades with my notes. #StudySoup”… Go ahead and take that #SELFIE with your notes in your free hand! And yes, we love Instagram.
Share your marketing efforts with the StudySoup team for a chance to be featured as our Elite Marketing Guru of the Month!
Resource #1 — Useful smartphone apps…
For those of you who prefer to take notes the old fashioned way, here are some smartphone apps we’ve found that will help you covert those handwritten beauties into PDF files that you can upload to the StudySoup marketplace. Just snap a some photos and you’re done!
Scan to PDF
Camera Scanner for PDF
Join your StudySoup Facebook group here: UCLA, UCSB, UCSC, UW