5 Reasons You Always Get Sick After Final Exams
Ever wonder why you always get sick after finals? Here’s the top 5 reasons you’re putting your immune system at risk:
- When you’re busy cramming for finals, you’re probably not sleeping much. Science shows that people who sleep less than 7 hours per night are 3 times as likely to get sick.
- Stress destroys your Natural Killer Cells and they’re super important to combating viruses. Freaking out about finals? Maybe it’s time to invest in a doctor’s mask for the library…
- Student’s diet get worse around finals. Red Bull, coffee, chips, and snacks are the fuel of choice. They may keep you going, but they don’t give your body what it needs to stay healthy.
- Studying for finals displaces a ton activities – including exercise. That can lead to both physical and mental health issues. So stay active!
- After all that time sacrificing sacrificing your health to study, you’ve finished exams, and it’s time to head home. Well, traveling in close quarters – like, say, on a plane, train, or bus increases your exposure to germs and disease.