I don't want to reset my password
1. Understand the basic principles of classical realism.
2. Grasp the difference between policy and conflict.
3. Understand the role of power in international relations.
4. Understand the different explanations and roles of power in realist thought.
5. What is the underlying purpose of realist philosophy?
6. Evaluate the extent to which classical realism satisfactorily explains state behavior
These notes cover week 1 of political science. Mainly focused on historical events and types of government
Chapters 13, 15, & 18
These lectures will be covering the alternatives to realism and will be addressing postmodernism, constructivism and feminism with couple of other mid-range paradigms that are an important part of studying international relations.
1. Understand the concept of structuralism and how it is applied to international politics.
2. Understand the units of analysis: 3 levels of imagery.
3. Grasp the differences between classical realism and neorealism.
4. Understand the role that the distribution of power, and state positioning, plays in neorealist explanation of the international system.
5.What role does anarchy play in building