I. why study emotions?
A. although the professor never gives us an exact answer, she hints at the fact that it is important to study emotions because of the basic fact that we are emotional creatures.
1. emotions are needed for us to make rational choices and thus, for our success
2. interestingly enough, emotions are universalcertain emotions are felt in the exact same way all over the world whereas other emotions can only be learned
3. core emotions according to Ekman Darwin (Universal)
4. core emotions according to Goleman (Universal)
B. Compersionfeeling happy for a romantic partner because he is happy with someone else (banging another person), usually in open relationships)
II. what are emotions?
A. OED def: A natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one’s circumstances, mood, or relationships with others We also discuss several other topics like We cannot use the element effect when?
We also discuss several other topics like How does content play a role in the view of formal analysis?
B. emotion are biological, psychological and sociological
C. a sensation in cultural context
1. a feeling learned from a culture who in turn tells you how to react to that emotion
2. ripple example of an emotion:feeling→ emotions→ moods→