Communication - January 26th Complete transactional model
encodes a feedback & decodes I Sender Iomesoogle Receiver
(channel) Types of noise
2 noisel/ lexternal (touch, smell,
Z visual, etc.) * hose anything that 2. Internal (ceaf, blind, illete, interfered with the 3. semantichwords themselves sending or receiving of
the message - Another pricipal of communication
has both content and relationship dimensions
- communicating about communication. We also discuss several other topics like What kind of tax system is flat tax?
wan Intrapersonal Communication
- between two people or a small group
-focused only on goals Personal
-deeper FTF- face to face (Me-computer mediated comm
) Study Soup
Self concept developed via:
-Symbolle interactionalism -Pygmaleon eclect (those you admire) - social companson Don't forget about the age old question of What defines the male anatomy?
-composed x two interactive components
- self images
-roles - personality traits
physical characteristics -Self esteem
-how I feel about my self image.
fulfilling the prophecy -expectations/self made predictions - then we behave to reinforce prophecy Don't forget about the age old question of What kind of facts are there?
- voluntary -intentional sour -revealing personal information - pludtal to relationships -relates to taking risks
ppropriate self disclosure
- ongoing relationship -Well timed
-concerned with present
- Context understood - small increments -reciprocal
- considers effects ruce creates rist
-speeded up in crisis
-Open-known to self and others We also discuss several other topics like In what way is ice less dense than water?
We also discuss several other topics like What is the objective of counseling psychology?
We also discuss several other topics like What are the subjects in the dunbar experiment?
- home, looks, minor details -Blind-things others know about me but I don't know
nerous habits, tone or voice, Rood in teeth -Hidden known to self, not to others.
Unknown unknown to both self others
) Study Soup