Communication - January 26th Complete transactional model
encodes a feedback & decodes I Sender Iomesoogle Receiver
(channel) Types of noise
2 noisel/ lexternal (touch, smell,
Z visual, etc.) * hose anything that 2. Internal (ceaf, blind, illete, interfered with the 3. semantichwords themselves sending or receiving of
the message - Another pricipal of communication
has both content and relationship dimensions
- communicating about communication.
wan Intrapersonal Communication
- between two people or a small group
-focused only on goals Personal
If you want to learn more check out What form of government is monarchy?
-deeper FTF- face to face (Me-computer mediated comm
) Study Soup
Self concept developed via:
-Symbolle interactionalism -Pygmaleon eclect (those you admire) - social companson If you want to learn more check out What is female anatomy?
-composed x two interactive components
- self images
-roles - personality traits
physical characteristics -Self esteem
-how I feel about my self image.
fulfilling the prophecy -expectations/self made predictions - then we behave to reinforce prophecy
- voluntary -intentional sour -revealing personal information - pludtal to relationships -relates to taking risks
ppropriate self disclosure
- ongoing relationship -Well timed If you want to learn more check out What kind of facts are there?
-concerned with present
- Context understood - small increments -reciprocal We also discuss several other topics like What happens to electrons when the bond is ionic?
- considers effects ruce creates rist
-speeded up in crisis
-Open-known to self and others
- home, looks, minor details -Blind-things others know about me but I don't know If you want to learn more check out What are the subjects in the dunbar experiment?
nerous habits, tone or voice, Rood in teeth -Hidden known to self, not to others. Don't forget about the age old question of What is the objective of counseling psychology?
Unknown unknown to both self others
) Study Soup