CRJU 3200: Crime Prevention and Security, Spring Semester 2016
Study Guide 1
1. Know all the vocabulary words from chapters 1-4 in the book. 2. What’s the difference between the UCR and NCVS?
3. What are the Part I and Part II offenses?
4. What are the costs of crime?
- Does not include indirect loses
- Impact on people
- Change in attitude
5. What is crime prevention?
6. What are some preventable crimes?
7. What are some unpreventable crimes?
8. Does crime prevention include other professions, other than criminal justice? Who?
9. What paradigm do we follow for crime prevention?
10. What’s the difference between micro level, medo level, and macro level?
11. What is developmental prevention? Community prevention? Criminal justice prevention?
12. What is crime science?
13. What are the 3 types of evaluation and how are they different from each other? We also discuss several other topics like What are the challenges to church authority?
If you want to learn more check out What is the malthus theory?
14. What are some issues with the evaluations?
15. What is physical environmental design?
16. Define defensible space.
17. Define territoriality.
18. What are the 4 elements of defensible space? 19. What is CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design)?
20. Why does crime occur by opportunity?
21. What is secured by design?
22. Know the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 changes.
23. What is included in the hardware rationale?
24. What is included in the social surveillance rationale? - Lighting
25. What are the 3 things that would make an area problematic? - Prospect
26. What is the community building rationale? If you want to learn more check out What’s allowing you to adjust your output?
We also discuss several other topics like What are the diagnosis methods?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is meant by cost of capital?
If you want to learn more check out Who are examples of great leaders?
27. What type of streets show the most amount of crime? 28. What types of streets show the least amount of crime? 29. What is meta-analysis?