Hour Test 2 Review:
• What are his concerns?
o What are his motivations?
▪ Concerned with the “use” of scientific understanding
• How you understand science’s role in our society
• Because of our intimate relationship with technology,
we form the same idea about science
• But actually, science does not have this intent
• The goals of science and technology are completely We also discuss several other topics like What is the relationship of the individual to society?
▪ Interested in the perception of science and technology in the social realm
▪ Frustrated by the public perception of the self correcting
process of science
• Widespread distrust of science
o Because we don’t understand it
▪ Dependence on science combined with distrust
Hour test: be able to tell where we are now…how are we different from 200 years ago, if something has changed, why has it changed?
Now that we live in a scientifically advanced society, why do we still not believe science?
Repetition of Cultural Ideology / Belief System
• Tradition comes into play with people’s beliefs
Man has been a technologist since cave men days (a spear=technology) Science was new, and in tradition societies new=mistrust
Important concept******: Science DISRUPTED tradition We also discuss several other topics like What else can we do with these concepts?
If you want to learn more check out When was the post war period?
Don't forget about the age old question of When does deviance occur?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the main goal of a firm?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is international security studies?
When you cannot see how a certain technology works, it adds division ( you can’t fix your own cell phone, it is concealed)