Midterm 3-CHEM 115 - Prof. Pavanello
1. Which one of the following molecules is nonpolar?
Α, ΝΗ, B. OF C. CHCI D. HO E. BeCla
4. Predict the molecular geometry and polarity of the CS2 molecule with VSEPR theory.
Don't forget about the age old question of What type of tissue covers the epiphysis of bones and reduces friction in the joints?
4+boro) = 12+4=160
non polar linear (a é donoins, no one pot
6. Which of the following molecules has a nonzero dipole moment?
C. KIF D.CO
maxide (used as an adsorbent or a catalyst for organic reactions) forms when aluminum reacts with oxypen. If you want to learn more check out What are risk factors for developing eating disorders?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is a septum pellucidum?
Aluminum oxide (us
Balance the reaction. (2) A mixture of 82.49 g of aluminum and 11765 g of oxygen is allowed to react. What mass of aluminum oxide can be formed? We also discuss several other topics like What is global warming and how did it start?
YAI +302 2001 oz #-74 H.264 0-26 0-306
82.499#1. Ima s
amo na 40A
= 155.9. Al2O3
82.499 AL 'mop
20.08gHI 17.650 . Imeio =
99 Porcium chloride is used as a substitute for sodium chloride for individuals with high blood pressure Identify the limiting reactant and determine the mass of the excess reactant remaining when 7.00 g of chlorine gas reacts with 5.00 of potassium to form potassium chloride, We also discuss several other topics like Why is technological knowledge important?
7.00 g ci
7. What is the hybridization of As in the AsFc ion?
+ 1 -
A B. spl D.spd Esp'd If you want to learn more check out What is the main purpose of negative feedback?
(6) Study Soup
9. When PCs solidifies it forms PCL cations and PCI anions. According to valence bond theory are used by phosphorus in the PCL cation?
ons. According to valence bond theory, what hybrid orbitals
B. sp C.sp D. sp'd Esp'd
11. Hyposulfite, SO, is a polyatomic ion that has not yet been definitively confirmed to exist. However, the VSAPR model may still be applied to yield a prediction on its molecular geometry. What is the most reasonable estimate for the O-S-O bond angle in hyposulfite?
A. 90° B) 106 C. 109.5° D. 112 E. 120
6+ (2x (+2
12. Allene, CHA (shown below), is one component of gas used for high-temperature welding. According to the valence bood model, which is a proper description of the bonding on the central carbon atom in allene?
() Study Sour
X It shares four bonds, two with each carbon atom on either side. B. It shares four o bonds, two with each carbon atom on either side. Ce shares one o bond and one bond with cach carbon atom on either side. D. It shares two o boods with the carbon atom on the left, and two i bonds with the carbon atom on the right E. It shares two a boods with the carbon atom on the right, and two bonds with the carbon atom on the left.
@ Study Soup