CHAPTER 1 VOCAB STUDY GUIDE
A) Randomized Clinical Trial B) Correlation C) Epidemiology D) Placebo E) Scientific Theory F) Dependent Variable G) Independent Variable
H) Statistical Significance I) Control Group J) Experiment Group K) Experiment L) Sample Size M) Falsifiable N) Testable O) Hypothesis P) Peer Review Q) Anecdotal Evidence R) Science
1. ______ a fake treatment given to the control group to mimic the experience of the experimental group 2. ______ if the hypothesis can be supported or rejected by carefully designed experiments or observation
3. ______ carefully designed test
4. ______ the measured result of an experiment
5. ______ the number of experimental subjects or the number of times an experiment was repeated 6. ______ the variable that is being changed in the experimental group
7. ______ if the hypothesis can be ruled out by data that shows that the hypothesis does not explain the observation 8. ______ a group the experiences intervention or manipulation
9. ______ a controlled medical experiment where subjects are randomly picked to either receive the experimental treatment or the placebo
10. ______ the review of an article by experts before publication
11. ______ the process of using observations and experiments to draw conclusions based on evidence 12. ______ an explanation that has never been disproved We also discuss several other topics like Transformation is initiated by the recipient. the donor is not involved because it is dead. this is often how bacteria acquire antibacterial resistance. why?
We also discuss several other topics like What is catering sales manager (csm)?
13. ______ a measure of confidence that results obtained are real and did not happen by chance 14. ______ a consistent relationship between two variables
15. ______ a possible answer to the question under investigation
17. ______ a group that does not experience intervention or manipulation
18. ______ the study of patterns of diseases in populations, including risk factors