CHAPTER 1 VOCAB STUDY GUIDE
A) Randomized Clinical Trial B) Correlation C) Epidemiology D) Placebo E) Scientific Theory F) Dependent Variable G) Independent Variable
H) Statistical Significance I) Control Group J) Experiment Group K) Experiment L) Sample Size M) Falsifiable N) Testable O) Hypothesis P) Peer Review Q) Anecdotal Evidence R) Science
1. ______ a fake treatment given to the control group to mimic the experience of the experimental group 2. ______ if the hypothesis can be supported or rejected by carefully designed experiments or observation
3. ______ carefully designed test
4. ______ the measured result of an experiment Don't forget about the age old question of What is the difference between civilizations and small scale societies?
5. ______ the number of experimental subjects or the number of times an experiment was repeated 6. ______ the variable that is being changed in the experimental group
7. ______ if the hypothesis can be ruled out by data that shows that the hypothesis does not explain the observation 8. ______ a group the experiences intervention or manipulation
9. ______ a controlled medical experiment where subjects are randomly picked to either receive the experimental treatment or the placebo
10. ______ the review of an article by experts before publication
11. ______ the process of using observations and experiments to draw conclusions based on evidence 12. ______ an explanation that has never been disproved We also discuss several other topics like Who suggested that radiant energy is only emitted or absorbed in discrete quantities like small packages?
13. ______ a measure of confidence that results obtained are real and did not happen by chance 14. ______ a consistent relationship between two variables We also discuss several other topics like Which reactions make nitrogen organic and which make it inorganic? how do plants acquire their nitrates?
Don't forget about the age old question of The chief steward reports to the f&b manager and is responsible for?
If you want to learn more check out What are the 2 general types of crimes?
Don't forget about the age old question of Who is dorothy anderson?
15. ______ a possible answer to the question under investigation
16. ______ an informal observation
17. ______ a group that does not experience intervention or manipulation
18. ______ the study of patterns of diseases in populations, including risk factors