Hum 108. Notes
Exodus – Judaism
Taught during Passover
Don’t want to ever be oppressed again
Jubilee laws prevent inequalities
- After 49years(7x7) all slaves will be freed
- Righteous or just if they follow laws
- Poor deemed justice not charity Don't forget about the age old question of What are the cyclades and what was their importance in ancient greek culture?
Christianity began as a sect of Judaism
- Underground movement opposed to Rome
Christ against church -- >Christ and Culture in Paradox -- >Christ transforms culture
We also discuss several other topics like How does supply and demand affect equilibrium price?
-- > Christ above culture -- > Christ of culture
Doctrine of two kingdoms (paradox)
Protest certain practice
-- Selling of indulgences
-- Against celibacy
-- Saved by faith through grace
**One area must have one religion to be unified
Set up a holy commonwealth
Elects are saved by grace and chosen by God
Church and state in USA
- Should they submit to the authority of the church, which church? - Should they submit to government?
Don't forget about the age old question of What were the names of the two tax acts that angered the colonists?
If you want to learn more check out Who was the fifth caliph?
- Should government enforce morality?
-Puritans – Plymouth
**4/5 of our first presidents were Episcopalians
1661 – laws against Baptist and Quakers
-first roman emperor converted to Christianity
First spit in Christian church
**As church began to develop it began to weave stoic philosophy into its doctorines
-Free to follow inner light
- as a sociological structures are correction movements to church types
- Cult- Radical departure from older tradition
Christianity as the state religion
1st Amendment and the freedom of religion
Virginia statue for religious freedom doesn’t disestablish the church just gives religious freedom. If you want to learn more check out What kind of movements are possible at particular joint?
If you want to learn more check out How do you write domain notation?
*Rev. Barber spoke about freedom and $15 minimum wage
Sack’s YouTube video
Who is a hero? – One who turns an enemy into a friend
Sacks def. of fundamentalist- attempt to impose a single truth on all mankind
Sibling rivalry leads to violence
Cain and Abel are brothers; Cain kills Abel because he is jealous
Krishna made himself into many to dances with each gopi