Physics 207 – Andi Petelescue – Study Guide – Test 1
Friend of mine spoke with Andi the test is supposed to consist of homework questions and examples from the book. The test is supposed to be multiple choice. This study guide is made from the textbook and notes taken in class. To review you may want to go back and re-work some of the problems from the different homework sections.
1) What is a Vector?
2) What is Velocity?
3) What is a Unit Vector?
4) How do you find the magnitude of a vector?
5) How do you find the direction of a vector?
6) How do you find the displacement of a vector?
7) How do you find the velocity of a vector?
8) How do you find the acceleration of a vector?
9) What are the four equations of kinematics for constant acceleration? a.
10) What are Newton’s Three Law’s of Motion?
11) What is the acceleration/force equation? 12) What is the equation for Gravitational Force? 13) What number does “g” represent?
14) Work Example 1 on Page 83.
15) Work Example 6 on Page 89.
16) What is the normal force?
17) What is apparent weight?
18) What are the two types of Frictional Force’s?
19) Work Example 9 on Page 96.
20) Work Example 10 on Page 98.
21) What is the symbol for the Tension Force? 22) What are the two symbols for Weight?
Chapter 5 We also discuss several other topics like What is the sampling design in a research study?
Don't forget about the age old question of What should an 18-month old be doing developmentally?
If you want to learn more check out Is nadh oxidized or reduced in electron transport?
If you want to learn more check out How staff can support the youth emotionally and developmentally?
If you want to learn more check out What is the meaning of post-humanism?
Don't forget about the age old question of What are the six attributes of coupled human and natural systems as defined by liu et al?
23) What is “UCM”?
24) What is the equation for Speed?
25) What is the symbol for time?
26) What is the equation for the centripetal force?
27) What is the equation for “acp”?
28) What is the equation for acceleration due to gravity? 29) What is the equation for orbital speed?
30) What is the equation for orbital period?
31) Work example 11 on page 142.
32) What is the symbol for ‘work’?
33) Work example 7 on page 152.
34) What is the equation for ‘Work-Kinetic Energy Theorem’?
35) Work example 5 on page 148.
36) What is the equation for total mechanical energy? 37) What is power?