Dinocauirs 1 - Week 3
Rekent Backsler - " Dinesoraurs ont fast, agile, active"
· Lirieom Classification (ke VERY families withe Hie (lodogrovmo yo)
Monophyletic group all members have a lo and Hue classifications
If you want to learn more check out What is the difference between external motivation and internal motivation?
(syropiere orpho) single common ancestor
Cclade NOTE: Huis is a buscar (group of oro, amsims
NOTE: this is a tre
may bw a common ancestor
2) Polyplyly, Polyplyietic group members one descended from
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the tendency of a higher electronegative atom to pull electrons toward itself?
3) Helophyly, Holophylene group: all memkes are descendants of a single common
A is not a descendant
-> NOTE = 'clade - taxm consisting of an ancestral species ond All its descencounts
' the tuns hielophyletic and monophyletic seem to be synonymous (?) 4) Para plusly. Pavaphyletic group some members are descendants of a single common If you want to learn more check out Define the krebs cycle.
E NOT included
* Fill in chont on slide 25 We also discuss several other topics like How do you ask the question?
• Dinosaurs one between
and Aves classifications
the following cladogrown:
choo undon oster
*MAY need to know what differenkates each (it's a drag Don't forget about the age old question of What does a scientist look like?
I knew) Odontolo) I Grade Tetrapoda) Class Amphukia —> 'anamniste (layo egge m water)
Classes: Reptilia We also discuss several other topics like Many people think that adaptation is a trait that improves the survival chances of an organism. under what circumstances would a survival-enhancing attribute be selected against?
I Grade Amnickou amniotic egg ( lays eggs on land, or reloon Fertilized egg in
• What dishnquishes dincgame upright poshine.
TEND of 9/20
MEMORIZE ( re-print and re-fill in) Geologic Time Chont
Per to hood parts, most life was
wriaca (I messed up)
Ediacaran Arurnals' : sessile (fixed in one place) and soft-bodied - sponges, jellyfish, etc
not preserved well
· The Comkri en Explosion was the 1st nokceable fesail record - chopactwized by 'exoskeletons
2 filter feeders 3 burrowers 4 beri Home zone (lowest level of a body of woter)
'woimo ' Reefs, which increased cxygen levels and provide a place for organisms to
chill («r a prey ground) Fasculitated the evoluhon of early vertebrates (fishes, or - exoskeleton --> vertebrate ( MAY need to know adui of evdukionomy
Cephalochordates are the ancestors to vertebrates chenacteristics/trowits)
Lo sheesh... - net ochord nerve chord running alovig the back of Hue body
La for swimming and teedling, it acted as on anchor for muscles
Lo possue arcumci notocherd bordened with phosphate ( we gettin' sciency)
HOW THEY EVOWED, class by class Agriotha : jawless vertebrates Fish (15+ to do this vertebrae ish ) - lampreys, hagfish - come before pisces - next trout to edve: Jaws ( the Wrathostomata, or jawed vertebrates) - o jawo probably forot evded as a way to regulake resparation * Placedems : jarred, plated skin (1st appeared in Silurian pretty extinct
- loroge, predatory - developed head shield, teeth
@ Chondrichthyes: janved, poired fing, scoles, contilage(niet boure) skeletons
- appeared aroumd same time as placederms - showks, stingrays Osteichthyes joved bony fishes (Oleme and Bubbles, etc.)
4 next, und in order to promsition to lond, LIMBS evolved --Evolution of limbs
axial skeleton - along the cehal axis (like humous)
· appendiculon skeleton - has appendages
dipnici- icke fin fish (?)
=> Rhipidishia : loke tanned fish Hiat one anscectorsię to all of tetapoda
—> Cressoptryciares/Sarcoptecii (cypeand in the lake Silbrion)
- barry wel fleshy, love poived fias, joined to body by a single bort - wm bons sumlon to tetrapods (humerus lol, ulna)