Limited time offer 20% OFF StudySoup Subscription details

CSU - ACCT 129 - MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide - Study Guide

Created by: Sydney McCourt Elite Notetaker

> > > > CSU - ACCT 129 - MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide - Study Guide

CSU - ACCT 129 - MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide - Study Guide

This preview shows page 1 of a 2 page document. to view the rest of the content
background image MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide  Stressed In-class Important Formulas   “Chapter 13 Probability”    Chapter 13.2 Probability Rules & Simulations  
 
Probability Rules 
 
Define:  
● Probability  
● Values of Probability 0 < P(A) < 1 
● Fractions, decimals, and percents 
● Mutually Exclusive Events 
○ P(A and B) = A ∩ B   ■ Intersection   ○ Adding Mutually Exclusive Events   ■ P(A) + P(B) = P(A or B) ​ *adding mutually exclusive events    ● Complement   ○ P(Ā) = 1- P(A) 
○ (ie: 25% chance of rain = complement of 75%) 
Simulation 
 
Define: 
● Simulation   
Chapter 13.3 Counting 
Organized Lists and Trees  
Define: 
● Organized Lists   ○ Given examples  ● Tree diagrams  ○ Give example 
○ Produce one for multiple situations  
● Fundamental Counting Principle  ○ m x n = P  ● Permutations   ○ nPr   ■ 12 P 3 = 12 x 11 x 10  

This is the end of the preview. Please to view the rest of the content
Join more than 18,000+ college students at Cleveland State University who use StudySoup to get ahead
School: Cleveland State University
Department: Accounting
Course: Math Elementry Sch Teacher III
Professor: Kathleen Adams
Term: Fall 2016
Tags: mathematical reasoning for elementary teachers
Name: MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide
Description: Chapter 13: 13.2 ; 13.3 ; 13.4 ; 13.5
Uploaded: 10/13/2016
2 Pages 28 Views 22 Unlocks
  • Better Grades Guarantee
  • 24/7 Homework help
  • Notes, Study Guides, Flashcards + More!
Join StudySoup for FREE
Get Full Access to CSU - MTH 129 - Study Guide - Midterm
Join with Email
Already have an account? Login here
×
Log in to StudySoup
Get Full Access to CSU - MTH 129 - Study Guide - Midterm

Forgot password? Reset password here

Reset your password

I don't want to reset my password

Need help? Contact support

Need an Account? Is not associated with an account
Sign up
We're here to help

Having trouble accessing your account? Let us help you, contact support at +1(510) 944-1054 or support@studysoup.com

Got it, thanks!
Password Reset Request Sent An email has been sent to the email address associated to your account. Follow the link in the email to reset your password. If you're having trouble finding our email please check your spam folder
Got it, thanks!
Already have an Account? Is already in use
Log in
Incorrect Password The password used to log in with this account is incorrect
Try Again

Forgot password? Reset it here