New User Special Price Expires in

Let's log you in.

Sign in with Facebook


Don't have a StudySoup account? Create one here!


Create a StudySoup account

Be part of our community, it's free to join!

Sign up with Facebook


Create your account
By creating an account you agree to StudySoup's terms and conditions and privacy policy

Already have a StudySoup account? Login here

MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide

by: Sydney McCourt

MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide MTH 129

Marketplace > Cleveland State University > MTH 129 > MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide
Sydney McCourt
GPA 4.0

Preview These Notes for FREE

Get a free preview of these Notes, just enter your email below.

Unlock Preview
Unlock Preview

Preview these materials now for free

Why put in your email? Get access to more of this material and other relevant free materials for your school

View Preview

About this Document

Chapter 13: 13.2 ; 13.3 ; 13.4 ; 13.5
Math Elementry Sch Teacher III
Adams,Kathleen A
Study Guide
mathematical reasoning for elementary teachers
50 ?




Popular in Math Elementry Sch Teacher III

Popular in Department

This 2 page Study Guide was uploaded by Sydney McCourt on Thursday October 13, 2016. The Study Guide belongs to MTH 129 at Cleveland State University taught by Adams,Kathleen A in Fall 2016. Since its upload, it has received 11 views.


Reviews for MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide


Report this Material


What is Karma?


Karma is the currency of StudySoup.

You can buy or earn more Karma at anytime and redeem it for class notes, study guides, flashcards, and more!

Date Created: 10/13/16
MTH 129 Midterm 2 Study Guide Stressed In-class Important Formulas “Chapter 13 Probability” Chapter 13.2 Probability Rules & Simulations Probability Rules Define: ● Probability ● Values of Probability 0 < P(A) < 1 ● Fractions, decimals, and percents ● Mutually Exclusive Events ○ P(A and B) = A ∩ B ■ Intersection ○ Adding Mutually Exclusive Events ■ P(A) + P(B) = P(A or B)​ *adding mutually exclusive events ● Complement ○ P(Ā) = 1- P(A) ○ (ie: 25% chance of rain = complement of 75%) Simulation Define: ● Simulation Chapter 13.3 Counting Organized Lists and Trees Define: ● Organized Lists ○ Given examples ● Tree diagrams ○ Give example ○ Produce one for multiple situations ● Fundamental Counting Principle ○ m x n = P ● Permutations ○ nPr ■ 12 P 3 = 12 x 11 x 10 ● Factorial notation ○ N! (0!=1) ■ 5!= 5x4x3x2x1 ● Combination ○ nCr = nPr / n! ■ 12 C 3 = 12 P 3 / 5! Chapter 13.4 Independent vs. Dependent Events Define: ● Independent Events ○ Identify examples of independent events ● Dependent Events ○ Identify specific dependent events Independent Events Multiplication ● Formula : P(A) x P(B) = P(A and B) Dependent Events Multiplication ● Formula: P(A) x P(B given A) = P(A and B) Chapter 13.5 Expected Values and Odds Fair vs. Unfair Games ● Fairgame: coming out even in the long run ○ No advantage / disadvantage Expected Values (E) ● Define ● Formula : ​E=n1p1 + n2p2 + n3p3+...+nrpr Odds ● Define ○ Odds against ○ Odds in-favor


Buy Material

Are you sure you want to buy this material for

50 Karma

Buy Material

BOOM! Enjoy Your Free Notes!

We've added these Notes to your profile, click here to view them now.


You're already Subscribed!

Looks like you've already subscribed to StudySoup, you won't need to purchase another subscription to get this material. To access this material simply click 'View Full Document'

Why people love StudySoup

Jim McGreen Ohio University

"Knowing I can count on the Elite Notetaker in my class allows me to focus on what the professor is saying instead of just scribbling notes the whole time and falling behind."

Jennifer McGill UCSF Med School

"Selling my MCAT study guides and notes has been a great source of side revenue while I'm in school. Some months I'm making over $500! Plus, it makes me happy knowing that I'm helping future med students with their MCAT."

Steve Martinelli UC Los Angeles

"There's no way I would have passed my Organic Chemistry class this semester without the notes and study guides I got from StudySoup."


"Their 'Elite Notetakers' are making over $1,200/month in sales by creating high quality content that helps their classmates in a time of need."

Become an Elite Notetaker and start selling your notes online!

Refund Policy


All subscriptions to StudySoup are paid in full at the time of subscribing. To change your credit card information or to cancel your subscription, go to "Edit Settings". All credit card information will be available there. If you should decide to cancel your subscription, it will continue to be valid until the next payment period, as all payments for the current period were made in advance. For special circumstances, please email


StudySoup has more than 1 million course-specific study resources to help students study smarter. If you’re having trouble finding what you’re looking for, our customer support team can help you find what you need! Feel free to contact them here:

Recurring Subscriptions: If you have canceled your recurring subscription on the day of renewal and have not downloaded any documents, you may request a refund by submitting an email to

Satisfaction Guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with your subscription, you can contact us for further help. Contact must be made within 3 business days of your subscription purchase and your refund request will be subject for review.

Please Note: Refunds can never be provided more than 30 days after the initial purchase date regardless of your activity on the site.