Chp. 10 Africa the Mongols MATOR THEMES ON -trade shifts
-) Study Soup
scairo Salexandria, melaka, Quanzhou,
Quilan - Kanm - police force on water (ol pirates) - four culteral spheres: china, India, Islam, & Elrope - Mongols
paversu military presence on ? What is China? a Es - sing dynasty If you want to learn more check out What are the two thyroid hormones?
agriculture (120 million). - manfacturing revowtion.
gunpowdler, porcelain 7, what is India ? If you want to learn more check out Cuyo/a(s) means?
- dehli sultanate 7 what is Europe?
- catholicism, crusades. - universities, intellectualism
feudalism o fendal ward owns land & peasants work
for lord ž one allegiance = what is Islam? =
- Sufi mysticism -travels across sahara
L Kingdom of mali
SUV SOUD If you want to learn more check out Define public opinion.
& Africa - political organizations
- 800-1450 CE States -West Africa
- Kingdom of Ghana
- kingdom of Mali kingdom of Ghana? -soninke - agriculture-muslim travelers through desert - Militaristic society - region Don't forget about the age old question of What is learn faster by spanish speaking children compared to english speaking children?
o spread of Islam-[al Bakri] If you want to learn more check out Human interaction places the individual in two roles. what are they and their definitions?
- justice story - bitter herbs - gold money, helps to grow I kingdom of Malią (1200-1450 CE) - Mandinke people If you want to learn more check out Define aerobic exercise.
agricutiral success - sundiata] (1230-1255)
niani= capital & center for trade - expansion -mansa Mera] (1312-1337)
military campaigns. is helps al expoosion
-trade - society & politics - family as administrators - religion)
Vislam, animism, pligramage (cairo) - timbuktu
- trade - center of learning
& East Africa?
land of blacks - earliest migrants
- Ranji - - animism, islam - Swahili (bantu language amily) - Kilwa significant entré pots
head of city of kilua - centers for wealth
- exported manufactured goods & golds - east african slave trade o u
- 8th century -muslim communities -ras assir -ralds, kidnappings - occupations
- ivory -huque influx of arricans in india [chengals (12016-1227)
-kidnapped as a child - courage
- great khan - Mongol language - laues) - leader of mongol
- nailitary -northery china (212-1213) - persia turks - why successful??
- skill o - new technologies
L s qunpausder, catapults, stirrups - Chenggis dies (1227 CE) - kingdom divided -[kry bilai Khan] (1260-1294 (E)
- chengaiss grandson -mores thto China & Japan again
I tries to take over japall but no success significance -roling strategy
incorporated enemies -adapted
- broke up by 14th century -legacy
U-new roles for merchants
- connected peoples & cultures - Spread ideas, goods, ž diseases
no responsible for spreading plaque
n r black death o Short answer: primary source practice 1) what themes does the source touch on? 2) How can you connect the source to other topics
themes from the course? 3) What specific examples can you give of these