. Other: Just subscribed to this service to view this final exam review and it says this document can not be viewed, very disappointed in the service want my money back ASAP
GEOG 103 - Prof. Collins - Study Guide
Note: Exam NOT cumulative - only last unit (after Test 3)
● Know differences between LDC’s and MDC’s and characteristics (e.g. location, stage of development…)
● Understand Human Development Index (HDR - not high-dynamic range :D ) and what 3 main factors indicate how developed a nation is
● Know 3 stages of development
● Give examples of obstacles to development (e.g. IMR and NIR) ● Define “urban” and “urbanization” and know facts about urban trends. ● Know definitions of words used to describe parts of city (e.g. central city, MSA) ● Know the 3 most “dominant” cities--London, NYC, Tokyo
● Define economic base and multiplier effect, and know difference b/w basic and nonbasic sectors If you want to learn more check out Why is listening important?
● Know 3 most common urban layouts and shapes
● Understand trends in urban living and changes in the density gradient ● Know reasons for central city’s decline
● Understand gentrification and its effects
● Know characteristics of European cities and LDC cities
● Know about squatter cities
● Understand history/development of agriculture
● Know characteristics of/diffs b/w sustenance and commercial farming ● Know kinds of farming in LDCs vs in MDCs and characteristics of each ● Know facts about fishing and aquafarming If you want to learn more check out Who is peter singer?
● Know ways/efforts to increase food supply If you want to learn more check out 50, how many of each type of coin are in the meter?
If you want to learn more check out gvsu bms
● What are GMOs? - give examples
● Understand history of industry
● Name the 4 “BRICs”
● Know site vs. situation factors in locating a factory
● Understand diff b/w bulk-reducing and bulk-gaining industries and examples ● Define break-of-bulk point
● Understand trends in industry, like out-sourcing and maquiladoras ● Know 3 sectors of service--business, consumer, and public If you want to learn more check out which of the following never goes in retrograde motion?
If you want to learn more check out what is the relative location of portugal
● Understand central place theory
● Understand market area; understand how range and threshold determine success of business
● Understand site selection factors for service or industry - capital, labor, power...