-dark in front, white in back, white spots - can be regis. cis qucirter nurser if parents are
- pleasure, Showing stock horses
- pleasure, showing, stuck
- 14 kt goid coin (toior) o- can be regis. as quarter horses Pinto
- used by Native Amér. in Warfare
- large feet
-luork horses Belgian
Clydesdale 3 Welsh
-intermediate level riding We also discuss several other topics like What are the characteristics of the new guinea highlands?
- small -ist level viding Pony of Ameńca (PGA) -12-12.5 hands - white wibrown spots
If you want to learn more check out What are observable implications?
Meats - Comp of lean meats
- Luater 70%.
-fat 5-10% (depends on time of sicive hte -protein 2012
a cuinat it's fed)
(carbs) - ash (minerals) 1 -CPU
-vitamins Lit. * Excellent saure of B vitamins .ts animal fartens,
7 feat 1 1. water i 3 .1. prstein v
3 Tupes of Muscle 1. Skeletal -voluntary
- attached to the skeleton Q. Cardiac -invuluntar Don't forget about the age old question of What are the disadvantages of cross-sectional studies?
-heart muscle 3. Smath - involuntary
.-Gil and repro.tract (Castre
- circuiatory system
(veproductive) We also discuss several other topics like What happens if the popliteal artery is blocked?
Note Skeletal a cardiac muscle are stricted (striped)
Meats - Proteins - 3 Classes of Muscle Proteins.
"muscle" 1. "sarcoplasmic proteins lwater-soluble) If you want to learn more check out What follows the general formula ch2o n?
(imajor pigment in meat) -syöglobin, hemoglobin mioglobin exists in 3 forms in fresh meats
i. deoxymyoglobin - myoglobin has a main parts 2.oxymyoglobin
3. met my oqlobin 2) globin protein
-2 factori determine cuilor
1) Chemical state of Fei Fe2+ or Fe2t z) compound bound to myoglobin's free binding site We also discuss several other topics like Why is it important to know the origin and insertion of a muscle?
Note: purple meat when
put in the fridge will turn red.
* fet-solvible vitaminsi
strong reducing cent - keeps meut red longer
Vitc - water-soluble - reduce est to
Note:normal shelf life of steck in the store? 3-5 days
* Ground beef will last for 12-24 hrs. before turning brown
- cooking clenatures myoglobin es produces bricon wior - cured meats niñite intéracts wimyoglobin 5 forms a pink color
(cured mele (100)
Meats - Proteins 2. mucibricar proteins (Scrit soiviole)
CE - no1 Solo Die Cu sacoplasmic proteins
-actin' myosin main contractile proteins
-170 Donin 9. tropi inyosin main reguicitory proteins 3. Stromal - tonnéitive tissue proteins (acid soluble)
- Collagen major protein in the body (25-30% of iJeigut); vhite;
high tensile strength - Elastin- yellow, very strong, mainly in tendor a ligaments; also in repro
fact abdominait vucill, and in blood vessels
Merts-Lipids Muscle For
- abt 72 of dietary energy from meat comes from fat
animal et is highly clicestible (~977) -Savor wines from feit (iarbonul coimpouncis)
- Species flavor (i.e. diff. bit cu pork cind beef tastes) - animate is usually more saturated than plant
-50 lids voom temp.
order of saturation level: pork e beef ? lamb in manus asincs, dietary fat can influence the Scituration leal
the carcass soft a oily carcasses
Note servina - 302. '3 Size of a check of cards (meat serving size)
Meats-Nutritive value One 302. sering
10-1. RDA protein 407
Home Fee more digestible than
non - teme Fet, but leme makes non-teme more digestible
1. c. Elit Spinach ivi a burger'
• Poor sources of
Meats - Acceptibility factors affecting consumer choice:
I tenderness - single most important Bu myofibullareffeit -controiciile proteins (contruction cive to
viger iliuses toughening)
• uging causes in tëndemess (muscle enzymes break clown protéins a loosen the structure; 14-21 days to optimize the
tendemess) 2. Lackovound effect - mainly collagen (unntctive tissue)
Cimt of cünnective tissue - locomotor muscies
• solubility - als animal cige T, Sciobility a