Overview of MIST Quiz 1
1. A smart creative person is one that combines business expertise, technical knowledge, and creativity.
2. According to KPMG, the digital era was based on the introduction of what disruptive technology: the internet.
3. What are the disadvantages of cloud computing?
4. Organizations are dependent on the network and providers of services as well as the perception of security of the organization.
5. The acronym MVP in the lean start up article stands for: minimum viable product.
6. According to McKinsey, what are areas of technology-based transformation:
7. process effectiveness, customer experience, data and information, business integration, and new products and services. NOT OFFICE AUTOMATION.
8. Attacker’s advantage refers to the ability of newcomers to take advantage of new technologies to be profitable.
9. Creative destruction refers to the rise of innovation with the demise of the old way of doing things.
10. Lean start up does not favor elaborate planning over experimentation. Lean start up favors customer feedback over intuition, iterative design over big design up front
11. BYOD means bring your own device.
12. The innosight reading recommends which strategy got big companies innovating in the context of creative destruction: create, operate, and trade. If you want to learn more check out how do you show a "tracked trait" throughout a pedigree?
13. You are required to attend one professional development activity organized by SMIS (Society for Management Information Systems).
14. Invention means putting innovation to practice: False 15. Fundamental components of an information systems are information, technology, processes, and people.
16. The role of technology in the digital era as defined by KPMG is strategic
17. You have to go to tab sessions during par A of the MIST course: false.
MIST Quiz #2
1. Question 1:
a. Customer Segment: A group of customers with common needs, common behaviors, or other attributes. We also discuss several other topics like anita croasmun
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the relation between valency and valence electrons?
b. Value Proposition: The benefit or bundle of benefits that a company offers customers.Don't forget about the age old question of What is the study of phrenology?
c. Key Resources: The most important assets required to make a business model work.
d. Cost Structure: Describes all costs incurred to operate a business model.
2. Question 2: What business model involves serving two or more interdependent market segments, and typically involves a platform to bring the two customers together?
d. Mass Market
e. Niche Market
3. What of the following best describes the “bait and hook” business model?
a. Give a product away and then charge for the premium version. b. Find both buyers and sellers and bring them together on your platform.
c. Integrate primary activities and support activities in the value chain.
d. Provide products for low or no cost and then make up the profits on complementary goods.
e. All of the above describe elements of the “bait and hook” business model.
4. According to the article “Optimizing Your Digital Business Model,” what are the three components of every digital business model? a. Content, Experience, and Platform
b. Processes, Data, and Technology
c. Customer Relationships, Value Propositions, and Revenue d. Products, Information, and Customers We also discuss several other topics like catherine mcentee
e. Data, Technology, and People
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the phases of the SDLC? a. Identify the goals of the organization If you want to learn more check out week 2 assignment uma
b. Identify the specific requirements of the system
c. Analyze the existing situation
d. Position the organization to generate value
e. Iterate and design the potential solutions
6. Which of the following is NOT a revenue stream for the organization as they provide a value proposition?
a. Reduction of risk and uncertainty
c. Subscription Fees
d. Asset sale
7. Which of the following is/are a true statement about the business model canvas?
a. Customer groups represent a distinct segment if we give them a distinct offer or we serve them through different channels. b. The channel component describes how we will deliver or reach our customers with the value proposition.
c. The right side of the canvas is generally related to revenue recognition, while the left side of the canvas is generally related to costs.
d. All of the above statements are true.
e. None of the above statements are true.
8. A business model canvas can be used to identify the various aspects of the canvas that generate profit for the business.
9. Two-sided markets rely on which effect to be successful? a. Network effects
b. Scale effects
c. Scope effects
d. Diversity effects
e. Special effects
10. Which of the following is NOT an example of an organization maintaining a customer relationship?
a. Amazon.com inviting customers to write reviews
b. GlaxoSmithKline launching a private online community c. Netflix recommending movies and television shows to customers d. Airlines paying Rolls-Royce a fee for servicing airline engines e. All of the above are key resources
11. Which of the following does NOT describe a type of key resource? a. Physical assets such as facilities, buildings, vehicles among others
b. Designing, making and delivering a product in substantial quantities
c. Brands, proprietary knowledge, patents and copyrights, partnerships
d. Cash, lines of credit, stock option pools, financial guarantees e. All of the above are key resources.
12. A business model CANNOT be used to do which of the following? a. Identify the sequence of primary and support activities within the organization used to generate value for the customer and margin to the organization.
b. Identify the costs associated with the variety of resources and activities undertaken by the organization to provide the value proposition.
c. Identify the portions of the business model that are relevant to generating revenue and profit to the organization
d. Identify the different customer segments and the parts of the business model that are relevant to providing the value
proposition to the customer segment.
MIST Quiz 3
1. Which of the following is NOT a deliverable?
a. A prototype built by the project team sent to the user.
b. A signoff by the sponsor on the phase of the project.
c. A report written by the project manager to the sponsor.
d. A presentation given by the project team to the stakeholder of the project. 2. Brook’s Law (for the man who wrote the book, The Mythical Man Month) states that: a. The project is not going to be late as long as the project manager manages the triple constraint.
b. The more delayed a project is, the more people you should take off it. c. The more people you add to an already late project the quicker it will be completed.
d. Adding more people to an already late project will make it later.
3. Which of the following is a problem where the scope of a project is never clearly defined?
a. Scope creep
b. Scope grope
c. Scope freeze
d. Scope find
e. Scope leap
4. Which of the following is NOT an ability provided by an ERP system for an organization?
a. Multiple different versions of the data across the organization.
b. Single point of data capture at the source of that data.
c. Streamlined processes across the organization.
d. Realtime information anywhere in the organization.
5. The agile approach of systems development is characterized by:
a. Moving through the phases of systems development quickly.
b. Continuous iteration over the phases of systems development.
c. Freezing of a phase before moving on to the next phase.
d. All of the above are characteristics of the agile approach.
6. A work breakdown structure (WBS) is a
a. Form of Gantt chart used to display the critical path of a project.
b. Control chart designed to facilitate stakeholder analysis and implementation. c. Description of tasks, numbered and arranged in layers of detail.
d. Datebased schedule that identifies a critical path through the project. e. A model describing sequence of activities in a business process.
7. The system development life cycle (SDLC) method for leading ITenabled change to work systems would typically take place in which stage of the project?
a. Conceptualization and initialization
b. Project planning
c. Project execution and control
d. Project evaluation
8. Which of the following is NOT one of the triple constraints of project management? a. Scope
9. The benefits of adhering to project management strategies helps a. Improves the ongoing operations of the organizations.
b. Helps the organization set its goals.
c. Reduce risks, cut and improve success rates.
d. Helps the organization lose money.
10. Which of the following is important to keep in mind when developing a Gantt chart? a. The triple constraint
b. Dependencies and milestones
c. The PMI
d. MOV and Client Satisfaction
e. None of these
11. Which one of the following companies is not considered one of the “Big 4” a. KPMG
12. Integrity is the necessary level of secrecy is enforced at each junction of data processing and prevents unauthorized disclosure.
13. Which of the following is NOT true for a Consulting Career?
a. Opportunity to see a wide variety of interesting projects, clients, and challenges
b. Lower work intensity
c. Significant opportunities to build a large personal network of contacts d. More travel
e. Longer hours
14. Internet Protocol as a hub for the processing of packets and retransmitting of packets to the correct destination.
15. The name of the professional organization for project managers that issues the PMBOK is known as
a. Professional Project Managers
b. Project Management Institute
c. Management of Project Professionals
d. Project Mangers International
MIST Quiz 4
1. Which of the following is NOT true of the silo’ed organization?
a. The structure of silo’ed organization is incredibly effective for communication and collaboration between functions.
b. Workers complete their tasks in their functional silo’s.
c. Workers complete their tasks in their functional silo’s.
d. Each silo has an information system that is optimized for the function performed by that function.
e. All of the above are true of a silo’ed organization.
2. Which of the following is NOT a consequence of poor coordination?
a. Increased cycle and lead times in the organization.
b. Increased visibility across the process within the organization.
c. Increased inventory in the organization for contingencies.
d. All of the above are consequences of poorcoordination.
3. Which of the following is NOT a role of Enterprise Systems?
a. Capture and store the process data.
b. Monitor the performance of the process.
c. Document the organizational process.
d. Execute a business process.
4. Which of the following is NOT a notation used for business processes? a. BPMN
b. Sequence Diagrams
c. Gantt Charts
d. Flow Charts
e. Event Driven Process Chains
5. Resources classes are captured using:
6. According to the video on visualization, which of the following is NOT TRUE? a. Visual models promote a common understanding.
b. Only 30% of writing gets read, so graphical visualization is often a superior alternative.
c. When collaborating in a meeting, it is easier to deal with primarily textbased reports.
d. People readily engage with visual models, and these models facilitate conversations.
7. According to our class discussion of business process, which of the following is emerging as the standard for modeling business processes? (HINT: It is the one we teach at UGA). a. Sequence Diagrams
b. EventDrive Process Chains (EPCs)
d. Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
e. None of the above
8. Which of the following BPMN elements refer to things that happen instantaneously, often to kick off a process?
a. Sequence Flow
e. Flow Chart
9. According to the Magal Chapter on : Organizations, Business Processes, and Information Systems,” which of the following is NOT a problem associated with functional organizations?
b. The “Silo Effect”
c. Lack of Structure
d. Excess Inventory
10. The system that manages the financial, accounting, HR process within an organization is known as:
11. Which of the following is no a key business process?
a. Data Modeling
e. All of the above are key business processes
12. Which of the following matches what an Exclusive Decision Gateway does? a. Indicates locations within a business process where the sequence flow can take one of two or more alternative paths.
b. Provide a mechanism to synchronize parallel flow and to create parallel flow. c. Provides a decomposition of a task into smaller units.
d. None of the above are what an exclusive decision gateway does.
13. Functions in a functional organization refers to:
a. Closely related set of tasks or activities.
b. Modular programming code that can be interchangeably used in information systems.
c. The result of procurement process.
d. None of the above.
14. According to the reading, which of the following is not a type of process flow in an organization?
a. Project flow
b. Data and document flow
c. Physical flow
d. Information flow
15. Which of the following is NOT a state of a process that is modelled using BPMN? a. ToBe Process
b. Random Process
c. AsIs Process
MIST Quiz 5
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the 4 P’s associated with the traditional form of maintaining customer relationships?
2. The concept of the long-tail refers to which of the following? a. How organizations maintain customer relationships by creating engaging experiences for customers
b. How organizations are able to target niche customers in a market c. How organizations are able to target the majority of customers in a market
d. None of the above are what the long tail concept refers to. 3. Which of the following is not an element of the ER model? a. Attributes
b. Primary keys
4. Which of the following is not a type of relationship in the ER model? a. One-to-one
e. All of the above are relationships in the ER model
5. A query/retrieval of data that is based on the primary key attribute of an entity/table retrieves 2 or more rows from the associated table? a. False
c. Not Applicable
6. Referring to the figure, what is the identifier of BUILDING?
7. Referring to the figure, which of the following statements about the relationship is NOT correct?
a. A room can only belong to one building.
b. A building can have many rooms.
c. A room can belong to a minimum of one building.
d. A building can have no rooms associated with it.
8. Which of the following refers to the range of instances of an entity participating in a relationship?
d. Group by
e. None of the above
9. Referring to the figure below, which of the following is NOT true?
a. A professor can teach no classes
b. A student needs to go to at least one class
c. A class can have multiple students
d. All of the above statements are true
10. Referring to the above figure, which of the following is true? a. profID is the primary key
b. Professors need to teach at least one class
c. Classes can be taught by multiple professors
d. Classes need to have at least 1 student
e. None of the above statements are true
11. Which of the following is not a characteristic of big data? a. Velocity
12. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
a. In the old way of maintain customer relationships, the company shapes both the product and the message.
b. In the old way of maintaining customer relationships, the customer reaches out to peers of the consumers.
c. In the new way of maintaining customer relationships, the company focusses on experiences that engage the customer. d. In the new way of maintaining customer relationships, the customer involves the consumer/user in the creation of the product or service.
13. Data mining is the tailoring target messages to small slices of audiences or all segments of markets.
14. The notation used in the E-R diagrams for relationships between 2 entities is
a. Flow notation
b. Crow’s foot notation
c. Interconnected notation
d. Business process modeling notation
15. The foreign key goes into the table on the many side in the one to many relationships.