IMUSC 3600 Final exam) Capoeire Afro-Brazilian performance Style that combines elements of martial arts, dance, and musical accompaniment martial art form of patterned movement (boxing, fencing, judo, Or Karate that embeds values of a particular culture berimbau: musical bow used to accompany capoeira.. rode Capoeira ring where Stylized physical motions ofe performed by two competing performers bateria: the instrumental ensemble used to accompany capoend gingo the "sway, a basic side-to-side motion in a wide-legged Stance in Capoeira accordion: a free aeropnene w reeds that are hidden within two rectangular headboards connected by a folding bellows, with keys or buttons to play a melody, or chords. bandoneón: a button accordian associated w/ the tango Orquesta tipica instrumental ensemble wione or more bandoneon String instruments, and piano that played tango to accompany dance habanera long-Short Cuban rhythm prominently used in the tango compadrito: Urban Argentinean cowboy and underworld figure whose posture and dress influenced the male tango dancer Gaucho : the Argentinean word for 'cowboy tange' an Argentinean-derived style of Song , dance Styles of Tango Dance 1. Ballroom - American Internationalytishidi 2. Argentine - Fantasia
We also discuss several other topics like What is the Caseloads of state and federal courts?
3. International astor Piazzolla
• Argentinean composer and performed music for the bandoneón
• fused tango music wl jazz & classical for a whole new sound
) Study Soup
Carlos Gardel our ?
• Argentine actor Singer
• became famous for his tango ballads milonga Argentinean gathering featuring tango music And dance Syncopation: a rhythmic effect that provides an unexpected accent bhangra a tightly choregraphed men's group dance, originally from the Punjab region of North India Pakistan, with pronounced legshoulder movements and occasional waving of arms high overhead Kathak. a form of Northern Indian Classical dancing that tells a story dhol: a double-headed South Asian membrancophone associated w/ bhangra Don't forget about the age old question of What Gregor Mendel discoverd?
We also discuss several other topics like What are the three domains of life?
na baad giddhaa dance performed by Punjabi women that is equivalent to the male bhangral Thummar traditional rhythm of theldhall drum as well as a Common motion in bhangral w/ both arms and left leg lifted
We also discuss several other topics like How osmotic lysis and plasmolysis are the exact opposite?
U GOZE" Double - fute used in bhangrals chimto metal idiophone wl discs attached used to accompany [bhangra buydu: Single-pitched String instrument used in bhangra punjab a former province in NW India, now divided in between India and Pakistan hidden transcripts embedding a message through metaphor or in a coded manner public transcripts: open musical displays of power Afrikaans: South African language and ethnic group Apartheid: official laws of racial Segregation enforced in South Africa until 1990 reggae' a style of Urban Jamaican popular music that originated among the Rastafaninians, of Jamaica in the 1960's
• Started a new religious movement.
• developed in Jamaica during the 1930's the rastafarianism: a religious movement from Jamaica whose adherents venerate the ethiopian emperor, Hone Selassile Ska : indigneous Tamaican Style that preceded reagoel in the COS roek steady: early Ireggael Wislow tempo in mid-1960's Bob Marley
• Jamaican singec musician, and songwriter
• World ambassador for reggae music Peter Tosh . reowned reggae artist - founding member of the Wailers 6 giving Bob Marley his start powwaw: Native American Social gatherings that feature Ceremonies, and dance competitions honor beats: series of drum beats in Native American practice flat songs. Native American Songs performed during alpowwow flag ceremony to honor the American flag War Dance: a Native American dance performed by men Hoop Dance Native American dance using multiple hoops Fancy Dance. a virtuosic war dance performed by men Jingle Dance women's dance in present day powwows? Grass Dance: a women's dance at a lowwow! wulation: a vocal Sound of joy or celebration commonly produced by women in Africa & the Middle east leiliang: a Chinese composer String quartet: ensemble consisting of two violins, a vida, and a cello drone: a steady single tone or a pipe on a bagpipe that produces one We also discuss several other topics like What is Scientific Racism?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is authority
.) Study Soup
biophonic singing a singing technique of Inner Asian origin w/ two tones fundamental Overtorve One-note polyphony technique used by composer - lei vang in which the same pitch is sounded in different instruments w/ different timbres Gugin Seven-String Chinese zither wenren: traditional Chinese philosopher-artist
jinghu: two-stringed Chinese fiddlewaride ja Cultural Revolution of China. (19.colo - 1976)
Decade of Social political upheaval initiated by Mao Zedong in China Catuna Corruption of the term "Arcadian, a French-speaking people in Louisianna Creole people of color w mixed Heritage in the West Indies and Southern United States cajun jikteroun conjun dance wi knees ankle bends on beats 1 and 5 and 2 and 4 (cajun two-step) on fiddle. Another name used for the violin son Zydeco dance music that emerged in the 1950s among the Creoles of the Gulf Coast. rub board: a scraped idiophone made of metalcoat Karaoke an "empty orchestra - Tapanese Kata' a Japanese aesthetic principle: "patterned form enka: a genre of popular music wi melodramatic themes of love