Diversity of life review guide:
Expected diagrams mitosis, meiosis, cell cycle, monohybrid and dihybrid Punnett squares
1. How are there so many different life forms
2. How do we observe, understand, and organize them?
3. Where do they fit in, and why should we care?
4. Describe at least three examples of how biology is woven into the fabric of our society. 5. How do we tell the difference between science and other ways of trying to make sense of nature?
6. Compare discovery science and hypothesisdriven science.
7. Distinguish science from other styles of inquiry.
8. Distinguish between a hypothesis and a theory. Explain why natural selection qualifies as a scientific theory.
9. Who is Charles Darwin?
10. Who is Jane Goodall?
11. Hypothesisdriven science is a formal process of inquiry that follows the scientific method
12. What are the steps in scientific method?
13. What is a scientific theory, and how is it different from a hypothesis? 14. What is Heredity
15. Define Genetics
16. What is the difference between character and trait? Used examples
17. What are hybrids
18. What is a genetic cross?
19. Differentiate between P generation, F1 generation and F2 generation
20. Distinguish between a Monohybrid cross and a A dihybrid cross. Apply the two Mendel’s principals associated with each
21. What are alleles? What is the difference between dominant and recessive allele? 22. What is the difference between homozygous and heterozygous
If you want to learn more check out grace fussell
23. Construct a Punnett square with monohybrid and dihybrid crosses
24. describe the difference between a phenotype and a genotype
25. What does a gene locus mean?
26. Describe the law of independent assortment
27. What is a testcross:
28. Describe wildtype traits
29. What is a pedigree
30. Carriers are?
31. What is Parthenogenesis?
32. Most genes are located on the cell nucleus. A few genes are found in the mitochondria and chloroplasts. Why?
33. What are Chromosomes? Draw them. Why are they so important?
34. Describe DNA replication and the formation of sister chromatids
35. What is a centromere?
36. What is the cell cycle? Don't forget about the age old question of beneception
We also discuss several other topics like ivan runs a custom jewelry shop in sparkle city. he is debating whether he should extend his hours of operation. ivan figures that his sales revenue will depend on the number of additional hours the jewelry shop is open as shown in the table above. he wou
37. What are the steps of the cell cycle and what happens in each step? 38. What is mitosis?
39. Draw and describe each step of mitosis
40. What is cytokinesis? What is the difference between cytokinesis in animals and in plants? 41. What is cancer? Tumor?
42. What are the two types of tumors?
43. What are the three main types of cancer treatment? We also discuss several other topics like muh 2019 fsu
44. What is meiosis?
45. Compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis
46. Why is meiosis very important?
47. What is the most important step in meiosis? Don't forget about the age old question of • Netflix offers 125,000+ DVD titles • Blockbuster carried ~3000…Why?
If you want to learn more check out What kind of encouragement/praise is effective?
48. Illustrate meiosis I and II ad describe what is happening in each stage. 49. Differentiate between sexual reproduction, asexual reproduction and parthenogenesis