Engineering Test 3 Study Guide I. Math Leveling
II. MATLAB Loops
⮚ Use logic in MATLAB to make a simple decision
⮚ Utilize MATLAB to write loops in MATLAB
⮚ Employ nesting of loops and logic to make complex decisions
• General Structure:
for control = [Array]
<Commands to be executed>
• Code for FOR Loops Run examples by the numbers • Flowchart: We also discuss several other topics like What is the definition of the trouble functions?
We also discuss several other topics like What is the meaning of hcl in chemistry?
k( i )=i^2
- k(i) is a function
i=1 i=2 i=3
k(1) k(2) k(3)
III. MATLAB Data
Definition: The study of the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data
- Data collection
Types of Statistics: Don't forget about the age old question of What are the types of computers?
1. Descriptive stats: - mean/st. dev…
2. Inferential stats: - estimation correlation…
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the formula for nernst equation?
4. Median: The value separating the 50% of the data, from the upper 50% a. For odd # of data points, the median is the middle value, of the ordered set.
b. For even # of data points, the median is the average of the two middle values, of the ordered set.
6. How to determine bin size:
IV. Influential Statistics
⮚ Linear interpolation (LI)
⮚ Linear Regression (LR)
A. Data Analysis:
- Sometimes we need to make inferences. If you want to learn more check out Who is martin french?
- Sometimes we need a value between two points where no information is given (LI) - Sometimes we need to compute a trend through our data to quantify the theoretical relationship/behavior of our phenomena (LR)
Don't forget about the age old question of What type of fat is found in food and stored in the body?
V. Linear Interpolation & Regression
VI. Standard Deviation