Study Guide for Formulation and Conduct of U.S. Foreign Policy Exam 1 Exam 1: Monday, February 5, 2018 to Wednesday, February 7, 2018
• Actions taken by a state to affect the policies of another entity
Help us understand how an output of interest is produced
• A descriptive theory that explains
• A statement of value that is subjective
This not that
Peace not War
Elements of a Theory
• Should not be normative If you want to learn more check out What are the major proteins in blood plasma?
• Should explain
• Have cause and effect
• Contain definitions
• Be applicable to subject matter
• Be useful/helpful in achieving a goal
• Have the ability to be proven wrong
Purpose of Theory
• Understand the world
• Manipulate the world
• Avoid Pain
• Gain Pleasure
Fixed Term of Office
• Set length of time a person serves in a particular position that is gained through election Moral Hazard
• Lack of incentive to guard against risk increases the likelihood of participating in risky behavior If you want to learn more check out What refers to the process of communication is ethically neutral?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the definition of aesthetics?
We also discuss several other topics like What is the meaning of adrenal glands?
• an electorate vets voting power in delegates rather than representatives Instrumental Goods
• Goods which have value in and of themselves We also discuss several other topics like How do the human bone and muscle perform the mineral storage?
Don't forget about the age old question of What are the characteristics of the prokaryotic cell?
• Goods which are consumed for personal pleasure or happiness
• The state of being nonreliant or unconfident
implies that we know what we are talking about but are unsure of the outcome Free Rider
• Those who benefit from resources, goods, or services that do not pay or work for them Easiest in large groups
• The promise that party “A” makes to party “B” in which “A” promises to ________ if “B” promises to do ______ and party “B” believes party “A”