Chapter 10 and 11 Study Guide
A. Dimensional Analysis
1. Conversions going from volume to kilograms etc.
1. Solid to gas
2. Heat is required to sublimate an amount of solid to gas
3. Decreases with an increase in temperature
4. Flip sign of ΔHsublimation if undergoing deposition
C. Heating curve
1. Negative exponent means it is flipped in the fraction
2. When temp rises, kinetic energy increases but during phase transitions, energy goes to breaking down IMF and therefore temp doesn’t change during the shift
D. Phase transitions
1. Critical point
2. Boiling liquid in open container allows molecules to escape into the gas phase 3. Boiling in a close container
If you want to learn more check out What is the purpose of psychoactive drugs?
a. pressure and density of gas increase
b. density of liquid goes down We also discuss several other topics like What does the punnett square method show?
c. at certain temp and pressure, gas and liquid states comingle to form supercritical fluid E. Solid State of Matter
3. Ionic Solids
4. Molecular solids
5. Network covalent solids
6. Metallic Solids
F. Lattice Structures of Crystalline Solids
1. characterize material
2. understand physical properties of material
3. determine purity of material
G. Unit Cell
1. Simple Cubic
2. Body Centered Cubic
3. Face Centered
4. Equivalent Atoms Recap
If you want to learn more check out How did robert hooke come up with his cell theory?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the function of marketing cost analysis?
1. Homogenous mixture of 2 or more things
2. Solvent present in largest molar concentration
3. Solute present in smaller molar concentration
B. Saturation If you want to learn more check out What are the resonance structures for some ions and molecules?
We also discuss several other topics like Archaeology is the study of what?
1. amount of substance that will dissolve in a given amount of solvent 2. temp dependent
Chapter 10 and 11 Study Guide Page 2 of 2