Exam 1 STUDY GUIDE
Terms to know
Chemistry pure substance Don't forget about the age old question of What is the genes in our dna which is responsible for a particular trait?
Laws homogeneousDon't forget about the age old question of What is pastoral societies?
Theory heterogeneous If you want to learn more check out What is the general organization of the central nervous system (cns)?
Scientific method physical change
Matter chemical changeIf you want to learn more check out What are the four major perspectives in psychology?
Mass physical properties
Solids, liquids,and gases chemical propertiesDon't forget about the age old question of How is biodiversity organized?
Plasma extensive properties
Atoms intensive properties
Molecules temperature If you want to learn more check out What is the function of dispersal mechanism?
Law Of Conservation of Mass Atomic mass
Law of Definite Proportions Cation
Law of Multiple proportions Anion
Dalton's Atomic Theory Chemical formula
electrons Molecular models
protons Metals / nonmetals / metalloids
neutrons Groups / families/ periods
Alpha, Beta, 4 Gamma Rays Monatomic ions
Atomic number Polyatomic ions
Chemical symbol Oxyanions
Isotope Ionic covalent bonds
Atomic mass unit Acid
Natural abundance Oxy acid
Percent composition by mass
1. Which mixture is homogeneous?
A. Chocolate chip ice cream
B. soft drink
C. Mississippi River
D. noodle soup
2. How many centimeters are in 15 kilometers?
A. 15,000 cm
B. 150.000 cm
C. 1,500,000 cm
D. 15,000,000 cm.
3. A 10.00 kg iron bar has dimensions of 200.00 cm X 1.000 cm. what is the density of iron?
A. 3.825 g/cm3
B. 5.887 g/cm3
C. 7.874 g/cm3
D. 12.99 g/cm3
4. How many siq figs are in 2090.070?
5. Which one could Rutherford not conclude by scattering alpha particles from a gold foil?
A. The atom contains a tiny, dense center
B. The atomic nucleus contains neutrons and protons
C. The atomic nucleus contains most of the mass
D. The atomic nucleus is positively charged.
6. How many atoms are in 228.0 grams of lead
A. 2.641 x 10^22 atoms
B. 2.280 x 10^23 atoms
C. 6.022 X 10^23 atoms
D. 6.627 x 10^23 atoms
7) Convert 5.40 cubic inches to mL
A. 88.5 mL
B. 13.6 mL
C. 49.2 mL
D. 7. 62 mL
8. What is the total number of electrons in an 02-ion?
9. What is the average atomic mass of boron in a Martian meteorite with isotopic abundances of 92.70% for 10B (10.013 amu) and 7.300% for "B(110009 amu)?
A. 10.09 amu
B. 10.83 amu
C. 10.44 amu
D. 10.02 amu
10. What is the chemical formula for lead (IV) oxide?
11. What is the systematic name of the compound S2F10?
A. sulfur fluoride
B. disulfur decafluoride
C. disulfate hexafluoride
D. disulfur nonafluoride
12. How many protons, neutrons, and electrons are in a neutral atom of 130 Ba?
A. 56p, 74n, 56e
B. 74P, 56n, 74e
C. 56p, 74n , 130e
D. 74p, 56n, 130e
13. The diameter of the Earth is 12.7 mm. What is this in centimeters?
A. 1.27 x 10^9cm
B. 1.27 X 10^8 cm
C. 1.27 x 10^7 cm
D. 1.27X 10^6 cm
14. (4.4 X 10) / (2.2 X103) = ?
A. 2.2 x 10^5
B. 9.5 X 10^9
C. 7.0 x 10^5
D. 2.0 X10^5