Great notes!!! Thanks so much for doing this...
People Places and Landscapes Study Guide for Exam 2
*Use the notes provided in the link through canvas with this study guide
Know these keywords/definitions:
● Political Units
● State and its characteristics
● Malthusian Trap
● Industrial Revolution
● Great Divergence
● World Systems Theory
● Political Economy
● Global Production Systems
● Urban Form
● Urban Sprawl
● Metropolitan Area
● Slums (Informal Housing Settlements
1) Name the two indicators of development
2) Describe the ideas behind each indicator of development
3) What does J. Sach’s Article Discuss in: The Geography of Poverty and Wealth
4) What are two Dominant Perspectives on Development?
5) Name Rostow’s 5 Stages of Development
6) Three Characteristics of a Development Trap are:
7) Pick one alternative approach to measuring development and explain the idea behind it. 8) What is one example of a diverse development trajectory?
9) Explain the idea behind the 1st Urban RevolutionDon't forget about the age old question of Muted group theory refers to what?
10) What were the four types of medieval cities?
11) There were three functions to early cities they were:
1.Creation of a sacred .
2. Provision of basic .
3. Host for a commercial .
12) What were some characteristics behind the 2nd Urban Revolution?
13) What are three typical urban places within U.S. cities? Define each one. 1. :
14) There are four eras in the evolution of U.S. cities, name them.
15) What are the three models of Urban Form?
16) The 3rd Urban Revolution saw: Urbanization
17) What percentage of the world is urban according to a 2007 study? If you want to learn more check out What are the functions of water including percentage contribution to an adult’s weight?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is the ultimate goal in doing business?
Don't forget about the age old question of What does agricultural revolution mean?
If you want to learn more check out What is the main difference between cohabitation and marriage?
18) Where are cities growing fastest? Where are cities growing slowest?
19) Why are some cities growing faster than others? If you want to learn more check out What does a double integral mean?
20) How is a megacity defined?
21) Draw the urbanization curve
22) What is the Traditional Model Of Urbanization?
23) What is the Premature Model of Urbanization?
24) Slums are made up of: informal .