Lineal or Collaterals
Parallel or Cross Cousins
Moso and NA ethics groups – China
∙ Consanguineal matrilineal kinship
∙ Households of siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles across generations
∙ Monogamy & marriage not institutionalized
▪ Sexual relationship in Moso and Na cultures
o Tisese (moso)
o Nana sese hing (Na)
▪ "visits" of males to femal's room, lasting only a night
▪ But long-term, exclusive partnerships often established based on feeling in love ▪ Prior mutual consent
▪ Non contractual, non obligatory, and nonexclusive
▪ Offspring resulting from "visits" are not considered family of the male
▪ Children raised in mother's consanguineal and matrilineal household
▪ Contrast with normative forms of family and relationships in our own society and those of Han Chinese
Sociopolitical & Health Impacts
∙ Low fertility (number of births)
o Women have autonomy over their sexuality
o They are under no pressure to bear children for their sexual partner(s)
∙ Target of exploitation and assimilation
o Government policies
If you want to learn more check out What is the idea of capitalism with little regulation?
Lowered Fertility Rate
∙ Sharing of household reproductive goals among sisters
o Optimal number of offspring achieved through conscious coordination between sisters o Too many children overall is perceived as potential threat to household harmony ∙ Lower frequency of intercourse after childbirth
o Postponing the resumption of sex
o Females often breastfeed longer
∙ Prevalence of STDs
o Past epidemics resulting from foreign traders has had lasting impacts on populations Target of Exploitations and assimilation
∙ Subject to targeted assimilation programs to stop system of matrilineage and "visits" since 1966 "Cultural Revolution" If you want to learn more check out What is the main rationale for southern colonies?
Don't forget about the age old question of What is probability terminology?
We also discuss several other topics like What is the 1st secular painting. no religious influence?
We also discuss several other topics like What is rule 201 all about?
We also discuss several other topics like What is pectin?
o "We did not want to get married and move into someone else's house, and as a result we no longer dared to visit anyone. Because of this we took a rest for a few years." ∙ Impact of tourism:
o While being a source of income, it can also be exploitative and have damaging effects on environment and autonomy