×
Log in to StudySoup
Get Full Access to Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach - 8 Edition - Chapter 14 - Problem 133p
Join StudySoup for FREE
Get Full Access to Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach - 8 Edition - Chapter 14 - Problem 133p

Already have an account? Login here
×
Reset your password

Solved: An air-conditioning system operates at a total

Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach | 8th Edition | ISBN:  9780073398174 | Authors: Yunus A. Cengel, Michael A. Boles ISBN: 9780073398174 56

Solution for problem 133P Chapter 14

Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach | 8th Edition

  • Textbook Solutions
  • 2901 Step-by-step solutions solved by professors and subject experts
  • Get 24/7 help from StudySoup virtual teaching assistants
Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach | 8th Edition | ISBN:  9780073398174 | Authors: Yunus A. Cengel, Michael A. Boles

Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach | 8th Edition

4 5 1 319 Reviews
18
2
Problem 133P

Problem 133P

An air-conditioning system operates at a total pressure of 1 atm and consists of a heating section and an evaporative cooler. Air enters the heating section at 15°C and 55 percent relative humidity at a rate of 30 m3/min, and it leaves the evaporative cooler at 25 °C and 45 percent relatively humidity. Determine (a) the temperature and relative humidity of the air when it leaves the heating section, (b) the rate of heat transfer in the heating section, and (c) the rate of water added to air in the evaporative cooler.

Step-by-Step Solution:
Step 1 of 3

Natural or Counting Numbers : {1,2,3,4,5,…} "0" is NOT one of them a. Natural numbers start w/ "1" and continue on to infinity Whole Numbers: {0,1,2,3,4,5...} a. Whole numbers start with "0" and continue on to infinity b. NO fractions Integers: { …-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3...} a. These are whole numbers (0,1,2,3,…) with negative #s included Rational Numbers: any # which can be written in form of a/b (fraction) a. ½ b. - ½ c. .33 = 1/3 d. .66 = 1/6 Prime Numbers: #s that can ONLY be divided by "1" and itself a. CANNOT be an even number (2, 4, 6, 8...) b. 1, 7, 11, 13... Composite #: has more than "1" as a factor a. 4 = 2, 2 b. 6 = 2, 3 c. 9 = 3, 3 Commutative Property: think of the word "commute" - same distance to and

Step 2 of 3

Chapter 14, Problem 133P is Solved
Step 3 of 3

Textbook: Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach
Edition: 8
Author: Yunus A. Cengel, Michael A. Boles
ISBN: 9780073398174

Other solutions

People also purchased

Related chapters

Unlock Textbook Solution

Enter your email below to unlock your verified solution to:

Solved: An air-conditioning system operates at a total