- 4.1: The Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution because ________. ...
- 4.2: An example of a right explicitly protected by the Constitution as d...
- 4.3: The Fourteenth Amendment was critically important for civil liberti...
- 4.4: Briefly explain the difference between civil liberties and civil ri...
- 4.5: Briefly explain the concept of selective incorporation, and why it ...
- 4.6: Which of the following provisions is not part of the First Amendmen...
- 4.7: The Third Amendment can be thought of as ________. a. reinforcing t...
- 4.8: The Fourth Amendments requirement for a warrant ________. a. applie...
- 4.9: Explain the difference between the establishment clause and the fre...
- 4.10: Explain the difference between the collective rights and individual...
- 4.11: The Supreme Court case known as Kelo v. City of New London was cont...
- 4.12: Which of the following rights is not protected by the Sixth Amendme...
- 4.13: The double jeopardy rule in the Bill of Rights forbids which of the...
- 4.14: The Supreme Court has decided that the death penalty ________. a. i...
- 4.15: Explain why someone accused of a crime might negotiate a plea barga...
- 4.16: Explain the difference between a criminal case and a civil case.
- 4.17: Which of the following rights is not explicitly protected by some s...
- 4.18: The right to privacy has been controversial for all the following r...
- 4.19: Which of the following rules has the Supreme Court said is an undue...
- 4.20: A major difference between most European countries and the United S...
- 4.21: Explain the difference between a right listed in the Bill of Rights...
- 4.22: Describe two ways in which new technological developments challenge...
- 4.23: The framers of the Constitution were originally reluctant to includ...
- 4.24: Which rights and freedoms for citizens do you think our government ...
- 4.25: In which areas do you think peoples rights and liberties are at ris...
- 4.26: What are the implications of the Supreme Court decision in Burwell ...
- 4.27: How does the provision for and the protection of individual rights ...
- 4.28: There is an old saying that its better for 100 guilty people to go ...
Solutions for Chapter 4: Civil Liberties
Full solutions for American Government
average total cost
total cost divided by the quantity of output
an excess of tax revenue over government spending
a difference in wages that arises to offset the nonmonetary characteristics of different jobs
constant returns to scale
the property whereby long-run average total cost stays the same as the quantity of output changes
a table that shows the relationship between the price of a good and the quantity demanded
the property whereby the benefit from an extra unit of an input declines as the quantity of the input increases
the quantity supplied and the quantity demanded at the equilibrium price
the change in consumption that results when a price change moves the consumer to a higher or lower indifference curve
the total number of workers, including both the employed and the unemployed
the political philosophy according to which the government should punish crimes and enforce voluntary agreements but not redistribute income
the increase in output that arises from an additional unit of input
marginal product of labor
the increase in the amount of output from an additional unit of labor
the tendency of a person who is imperfectly monitored to engage in dishonest or otherwise undesirable behavior
the total income in the economy that remains after paying for consumption and government purchases
a tax for which highincome and low-income taxpayers pay the same fraction of income
a theory of exchange rates whereby a unit of any given currency should be able to buy the same quantity of goods in all countries
two goods for which an increase in the price of one leads to an increase in the demand for the other
a table that shows the relationship between the price of a good and the quantity supplied
society’s understanding of the best ways to produce goods and services
unit of account
the yardstick people use to post prices and record debts