- 4.1: How did the geography of Greeceaffect Greek history?
- 4.2: What role did Homers writings play inthe lives of Greeks?
- 4.3: Locate Aegean Sea, Black Sea, Crete,Ionia.
- 4.4: Explain why arete was important toGreek culture.
- 4.5: List the troubles affecting MycenaeanGreece before its collapse.
- 4.6: Evaluate Why was the Dark Age ofGreece considered dark?
- 4.7: Summarizing Information Using achart like the one below, identify t...
- 4.8: Examine the funeral mask shownabove. Looking at this mask, what con...
- 4.9: The term comes from the Greek word that meanslove of wisdom.
- 4.10: Greek were presented as a set of three plays.
- 4.11: The of teaching uses a question-and-answer formatto lead pupils to ...
- 4.12: Culture What was the basic textbook for the education ofGreek males?
- 4.13: Citizenship What were the rights and responsibilities ofAthenian ci...
- 4.14: Economics What types of goods were exchanged betweenthe Greek city-...
- 4.15: Government What caused the Spartans to create a militarystate?
- 4.16: History What is significant about the Age of Pericles?
- 4.17: Society How were Greek women kept under strict control?
- 4.18: History How did Philip prepare Alexander for kingship?
- 4.19: History What is the meaning of the term Hellenistic?
- 4.20: Culture Who were the philosophers of classical Greece?
- 4.21: Science and Technology What contributions didPythagorus, Eratosthen...
- 4.22: Analyzing How did the formation of the Delian League giveproof to t...
- 4.23: Understanding Cause and Effect The Peloponnesian Warweakened the Gr...
- 4.24: Expository Writing Some classicists translate Sophocleswork on Oedi...
- 4.25: How does Pericles define a democracy?
- 4.26: According to Pericles, what is the relationship between theindividu...
- 4.27: What is the historical significance of this speech in Periclesown d...
- 4.28: Creating a Multimedia Presentation Using the Internetand traditiona...
- 4.29: Pretend you are Pericles in Athens facing the possibility of aSpart...
- 4.30: Analyze the location of the Greek colonies. Whatgeneralizations can...
- 4.31: Analyze the location of the Greek colonies. Whatgeneralizations can...
- 4.32: How important was a navy to the Athenian Empire?
Solutions for Chapter 4: The First Greek Civilizations
Full solutions for World History | 2nd Edition
average variable cost
variable cost divided by the quantity of output
the theoretical separation of nominal and real variables
an economy that does not interact with other economies in the world
the quantity of output that minimizes average total cost
costs that do not vary with the quantity of output produced
the study of how people behave in strategic situations
transfers to the poor given in the form of goods and services rather than cash
income elasticity of demand
a measure of how much the quantity demanded of a good responds to a change in consumers’ income, computed as the percentage change in quantity demanded divided by the percentage change in income
a curve that shows consumption bundles that give the consumer the same level of satisfaction
the process by which workers find appropriate jobs given their tastes and skills
the ratio of assets to bank capital
the increase in total cost that arises from an extra unit of production
a good for which, other things being equal, an increase in
a market structure in which only a few sellers offer similar or identical products
whatever must be given up to obtain some item
a person’s normal income
a situation in which quantity demanded is greater than quantity supplied
government policy aimed at protecting people against the risk of adverse events
a cost that has already been committed and cannot be recovered
a worker association that bargains with employers over wages, benefits, and working conditions