- 2.1: Evaluate limxl1 s 3 x 2 1 sx 2 1 .
- 2.2: Find numbers a and b such that limxl0 sax 1 b 2 2 x 1.
- 2.3: Evaluate limxl 0 | 2x 2 1 | 2 | 2x 1 1 | x .
- 2.4: The figure shows a point P on the parabola y x 2 and the point Q wh...
- 2.5: Evaluate the following limits, if they exist, where v x b denotes t...
- 2.6: Sketch the region in the plane defined by each of the following equ...
- 2.7: Find all values of a such that f is continuous on R: fsxd H x 1 1 x...
- 2.8: A fixed point of a function f is a number c in its domain such that...
- 2.9: If limxla f fsxd 1 tsxdg 2 and limxla f fsxd 2 tsxdg 1, find limxla...
- 2.10: (a) The figure shows an isosceles triangle ABC with /B /C. The bise...
- 2.11: (a) If we start from 0 latitude and proceed in a westerly direction...
- 2.12: If f is a differentiable function and tsxd x fsxd, use the definiti...
- 2.13: Suppose f is a function that satisfies the equation fsx 1 yd fsxd 1...
- 2.14: Suppose f is a function with the property that | fsxd | < x 2 for a...
Solutions for Chapter 2: Calculus 8th Edition
Full solutions for Calculus | 8th Edition
A triangle in which all angles measure less than 90°
A measure of the strength of the linear relationship between two variables, pp. 146, 162.
A number that is associated with a square matrix
Divisor of a polynomial
See Division algorithm for polynomials.
Exponential growth function
Growth modeled by ƒ(x) = a ? b a > 0, b > 1 .
The minimum, first quartile, median, third quartile, and maximum of a data set.
Index of summation
See Summation notation.
See Linear regression line.
See Natural logarithmic regression
Negative linear correlation
See Linear correlation.
The numbers (r, ?) that determine a point’s location in a polar coordinate system. The number r is the directed distance and ? is the directed angle
Resolving a vector
Finding the horizontal and vertical components of a vector.
Right-hand limit of ƒ at x a
The limit of ƒ as x approaches a from the right.
Root of a number
See Principal nth root.
A plot of all the ordered pairs of a two-variable data set on a coordinate plane.
A procedure for fitting a curve y = a sin (bx + c) + d to a set of data
Usually the horizontal coordinate line in a Cartesian coordinate system with positive direction to the right,.
The x-value of the left side of the viewing window,.
A point that lies on both the graph and the y-axis.