- 7.1: (a) A direction field for the differential equation y0.3 is shown. ...
- 7.2: (a) Sketch a direction field for the differential equation . Then u...
- 7.3: (a) A direction field for the differential equation is shown. Sketc...
- 7.4: (a) Use Eulers method with step size 0.2 to estimate , where is the...
- 7.5: Solve the differential equation.
- 7.6: Solve the differential equation.
- 7.7: Solve the initial-value problem
- 7.8: Solve the initial-value problem
- 7.9: Find the orthogonal trajectories of the family of curves.
- 7.10: Find the orthogonal trajectories of the family of curves.
- 7.11: A bacteria culture contains 200 cells initially and grows at a rate...
- 7.12: Cobalt-60 has a half-life of 5.24 years. (a) Find the mass that rem...
- 7.13: Let be the concentration of a drug in the bloodstream. As the body ...
- 7.14: A cup of hot chocolate has temperature in a room kept at . After ha...
- 7.15: (a) Write the solution of the initial-value problem and use it to f...
- 7.16: (a) The population of the world was 5.28 billion in 1990 and 6.07 b...
- 7.17: The von Bertalanffy growth model is used to predict the length of a...
- 7.18: The Brentano-Stevens Law in psychology models the way that a subjec...
- 7.19: One model for the spread of an epidemic is that the rate of spread ...
- 7.20: A tank contains 100 L of pure water. Brine that contains 0.1 kg of ...
- 7.21: The transport of a substance across a capillary wall in lung physio...
- 7.22: Populations of birds and insects are modeled by the equations (a) W...
- 7.23: Suppose the model of Exercise 22 is replaced by the equations (a) A...
- 7.24: Barbara weighs 60 kg and is on a diet of 1600 calories per day,of w...
Solutions for Chapter 7: Calculus: Concepts and Contexts 4th Edition
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Contexts | 4th Edition
Annual percentage rate (APR)
The annual interest rate
a + (b + c) = (a + b) + c, a(bc) = (ab)c.
Constant function (on an interval)
ƒ(x 1) = ƒ(x 2) x for any x1 and x2 (in the interval)
Variable representing the range value of a function (usually y)
See Polar coordinates.
Graph of a function ƒ
The set of all points in the coordinate plane corresponding to the pairs (x, ƒ(x)) for x in the domain of ƒ.
A shift of a graph to the left or right.
The numbers . . ., -3, -2, -1, 0,1,2,...2
kth term of a sequence
The kth expression in the sequence
Law of sines
sin A a = sin B b = sin C c
See Polynomial function in x
A Riemann sum approximation of the area under a curve ƒ(x) from x = a to x = b using x1 as the left-hand endpoint of each subinterval
Number line graph of a linear inequality
The graph of the solutions of a linear inequality (in x) on a number line
In an experimental study, an inactive treatment that is equivalent to the active treatment in every respect except for the factor about which an inference is to be made. Subjects in a blind experiment do not know if they have been given the active treatment or the placebo.
The movement of an object that is subject only to the force of gravity
Right circular cone
The surface created when a line is rotated about a second line that intersects but is not perpendicular to the first line.
A process for gathering data from a subset of a population, usually through direct questioning.
Trigonometric form of a complex number
r(cos ? + i sin ?)
Vertex of a cone
See Right circular cone.
The numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, ... .