- 1.9.111: In Exercises 110111, fi nd an equation forf -1 (x). Then graph f an...
- 1.9.112: In Exercises 112113, fi nd the distance between each pair of points...
- 1.9.113: In Exercises 112113, fi nd the distance between each pair of points...
- 1.9.114: In Exercises 114115, fi nd the midpoint of each line segment with t...
- 1.9.115: In Exercises 114115, fi nd the midpoint of each line segment with t...
- 1.9.116: In Exercises 116117, write the standard form of the equation of the...
- 1.9.117: In Exercises 116117, write the standard form of the equation of the...
- 1.9.118: In Exercises 118120, give the center and radius of each circle and ...
- 1.9.119: In Exercises 118120, give the center and radius of each circle and ...
- 1.9.120: In Exercises 118120, give the center and radius of each circle and ...
Solutions for Chapter 1.9: Precalculus 5th Edition
Full solutions for Precalculus | 5th Edition
See Mathematical induction.
An interval that has finite length (does not extend to ? or -?)
Characteristic polynomial of a square matrix A
det(xIn - A), where A is an n x n matrix
An expression a + bi, where a (the real part) and b (the imaginary part) are real numbers
The graph of the parametric equations
The terms of the Fibonacci sequence.
Head minus tail (HMT) rule
An arrow with initial point (x1, y1 ) and terminal point (x2, y2) represents the vector <8x 2 - x 1, y2 - y19>
A graph that visually represents the information in a frequency table using rectangular areas proportional to the frequencies.
Inverse cosecant function
The function y = csc-1 x
Inverse sine function
The function y = sin-1 x
Number line graph of a linear inequality
The graph of the solutions of a linear inequality (in x) on a number line
A pair of real numbers (x, y), p. 12.
The formula x = -b 2b2 - 4ac2a used to solve ax 2 + bx + c = 0.
Function of the form ƒ(x)/g(x) where ƒ(x) and g(x) are polynomials and g(x) is not the zero polynomial.
Solve by substitution
Method for solving systems of linear equations.
symmetric about the x-axis
A graph in which (x, -y) is on the graph whenever (x, y) is; or a graph in which (r, -?) or (-r, ?, -?) is on the graph whenever (r, ?) is
The square of the standard deviation.
Vector equation for a line in space
The line through P0(x 0, y0, z0) in the direction of the nonzero vector V = <a, b, c> has vector equation r = r0 + tv , where r = <x,y,z>.
The x-value of the right side of the viewing window,.