- 3.87: Use the exponential decay model, A = A0ekt , to solve this exercise...
- 3.88: The function f(t) = 500,000 1 + 2499e-0.92t models the number of pe...
- 3.89: Use Newtons Law of Cooling, T = C + (T0 - C)ekt , to solve this exe...
- 3.90: Exercises 9092 present data in the form of tables. For each data se...
- 3.91: Exercises 9092 present data in the form of tables. For each data se...
- 3.92: Exercises 9092 present data in the form of tables. For each data se...
- 3.93: In Exercises 9394, rewrite the equation in terms of base e. Express...
- 3.94: In Exercises 9394, rewrite the equation in terms of base e. Express...
- 3.95: The fi gure shows world population projections through the year 215...
Solutions for Chapter 3: Precalculus 5th Edition
Full solutions for Precalculus | 5th Edition
Absolute value of a vector
See Magnitude of a vector.
Additive inverse of a complex number
The opposite of a + bi, or -a - bi
Union of two rays with a common endpoint (the vertex). The beginning ray (the initial side) can be rotated about its endpoint to obtain the final position (the terminal side)
Constant function (on an interval)
ƒ(x 1) = ƒ(x 2) x for any x1 and x2 (in the interval)
A nonnegative number that specifies how off-center the focus of a conic is
The behavior of a graph of a function as.
Integrable over [a, b] Lba
ƒ1x2 dx exists.
An expression of the form logb x (see Logarithmic function)
A procedure for fitting a logistic curve to a set of data
Angle measure equal to 1/60 of a degree.
Multiplication principle of counting
A principle used to find the number of ways an event can occur.
Multiplicative inverse of a matrix
See Inverse of a matrix
Principal nth root
If bn = a, then b is an nth root of a. If bn = a and a and b have the same sign, b is the principal nth root of a (see Radical), p. 508.
The collection of probabilities of outcomes in a sample space assigned by a probability function.
A function P that assigns a real number to each outcome O in a sample space satisfying: 0 … P1O2 … 1, P12 = 0, and the sum of the probabilities of all outcomes is 1.
Real part of a complex number
See Complex number.
A finite or infinite sum of terms.
Ratio change in y/change in x
The function y = tan x
Vertical line test
A test for determining whether a graph is a function.