- 5.4.43: In Exercises 4344, express each product as a sum or difference. sin...
- 5.4.44: In Exercises 4344, express each product as a sum or difference. sin...
- 5.4.45: In Exercises 4546, express each sum or difference as a product. If ...
- 5.4.46: In Exercises 4546, express each sum or difference as a product. If ...
- 5.4.47: In Exercises 4748, verify each identity cos 3x + cos 5xcos 3x - cos...
- 5.4.48: In Exercises 4748, verify each identity sin 2x + sin 6xsin 2x - sin...
- 5.4.49: The graph with the given equation is shown in a c 0, 2p, p 2 d by [...
Solutions for Chapter 5.4: Precalculus 5th Edition
Full solutions for Precalculus | 5th Edition
An equation that relates variable quantities associated with phenomena being studied
The farthest point from the Sun in a planet’s orbit
Axis of symmetry
See Line of symmetry.
In an experiment with two possible outcomes, the probability of one outcome occurring k times in n independent trials is P1E2 = n!k!1n - k2!pk11 - p) n-k where p is the probability of the outcome occurring once
A sequence or series diverges if it does not converge
Equivalent equations (inequalities)
Equations (inequalities) that have the same solutions.
The function ƒ(x) = x.
A function whose domain is the set of all natural numbers.
Integrable over [a, b] Lba
ƒ1x2 dx exists.
Left-hand limit of f at x a
The limit of ƒ as x approaches a from the left.
Opens upward or downward
A parabola y = ax 2 + bx + c opens upward if a > 0 and opens downward if a < 0.
The process of expanding a fraction into a sum of fractions. The sum is called the partial fraction decomposition of the original fraction.
A function that can be written in the form ƒ(x) = ax 2 + bx + c, where a, b, and c are real numbers, and a ? 0.
For an angle ? in standard position, a reference triangle is a triangle formed by the terminal side of angle ?, the x-axis, and a perpendicular dropped from a point on the terminal side to the x-axis. The angle in a reference triangle at the origin is the reference angle
Sum of a finite geometric series
Sn = a111 - r n 2 1 - r
Sum of functions
(ƒ + g)(x) = ƒ(x) + g(x)
Trigonometric form of a complex number
r(cos ? + i sin ?)
A vector that specifies the motion of an object in terms of its speed and direction.
Zero factor property
If ab = 0 , then either a = 0 or b = 0.