- 8.5.46: In Exercises 4651, evaluate each determinant. 2 3 2-1 5 2
- 8.5.47: In Exercises 4651, evaluate each determinant. 2-2 -3-4 -82
- 8.5.48: In Exercises 4651, evaluate each determinant. 32 4 -31 -1 5-240 3
- 8.5.49: In Exercises 4651, evaluate each determinant. 347 0-56 03 2 -43
- 8.5.50: In Exercises 4651, evaluate each determinant. 41 1020 3210 -2400 301 4
- 8.5.51: In Exercises 4651, evaluate each determinant. 42222022200220002
- 8.5.52: In Exercises 5255, use Cramers Rule to solve each system. b x - 2y ...
- 8.5.53: In Exercises 5255, use Cramers Rule to solve each system. b7x + 2y ...
- 8.5.54: In Exercises 5255, use Cramers Rule to solve each system. cx + 2y +...
- 8.5.55: In Exercises 5255, use Cramers Rule to solve each system. c2x + y =...
- 8.5.56: Use the quadratic function y = ax2 + bx + c to model the following ...
Solutions for Chapter 8.5: Precalculus 5th Edition
Full solutions for Precalculus | 5th Edition
A value ƒ(c) is an absolute maximum value of ƒ if ƒ(c) ? ƒ(x) for all x in the domain of ƒ.
See Exponential function, Logarithmic function, nth power of a.
An identity that relates the sine, secant, or tangent to the cosine, cosecant, or cotangent, respectively
Conjugate axis of a hyperbola
The line segment of length 2b that is perpendicular to the focal axis and has the center of the hyperbola as its midpoint
A method of solving a system of linear equations
A variable that affects a response variable.
Exponential decay function
Decay modeled by ƒ(x) = a ? bx, a > 0 with 0 < b < 1.
In algebra, a quantity being multiplied in a product. In statistics, a potential explanatory variable under study in an experiment, .
The numbers . . ., -3, -2, -1, 0,1,2,...2
Magnitude of an arrow
The magnitude of PQ is the distance between P and Q
A logarithm with base e.
Order of magnitude (of n)
Polynomial in x
An expression that can be written in the form an x n + an-1x n-1 + Á + a1x + a0, where n is a nonnegative integer, the coefficients are real numbers, and an ? 0. The degree of the polynomial is n, the leading coefficient is an, the leading term is anxn, and the constant term is a0. (The number 0 is the zero polynomial)
Quotient of complex numbers
a + bi c + di = ac + bd c2 + d2 + bc - ad c2 + d2 i
Removable discontinuity at x = a
lim x:a- ƒ(x) = limx:a+ ƒ(x) but either the common limit is not equal ƒ(a) to ƒ(a) or is not defined
Resolving a vector
Finding the horizontal and vertical components of a vector.
A Riemann sum approximation of the area under a curve ƒ(x) from x = a to x = b using x1 as the right-hand end point of each subinterval.
A number that measures a quantitative variable for a sample from a population.
Sum of functions
(ƒ + g)(x) = ƒ(x) + g(x)
Term of a polynomial (function)
An expression of the form anxn in a polynomial (function).