- 9.3.1: Sketch three solution curves for each of the slope fields in Figure...
- 9.3.2: Sketch the slope field for dy/dx = y2 at the points marked in Figur...
- 9.3.3: Sketch the slope field for dy/dx = x/y at the points marked in Figu...
- 9.3.4: Figure 9.20 is a slope field for dy/dx = y 10. (a) Draw the solutio...
- 9.3.5: Figure 9.21 is the slope field for the equation y = x+y. (a) Sketch...
- 9.3.6: (a) For dy/dx = x2y2, find the slope at the following points: (1, 0...
- 9.3.7: Match the slope fields in Figure 9.22 with their differential equat...
- 9.3.8: Match the slope fields in Figure 9.23 with their differential equat...
- 9.3.9: Which one of the following differential equations best fits the slo...
- 9.3.10: (a) Consider the slope field for dy/dx = xy. What is the slope of t...
- 9.3.11: For 1116, consider a solution curve for each of the slope fields in...
- 9.3.12: For 1116, consider a solution curve for each of the slope fields in...
- 9.3.13: For 1116, consider a solution curve for each of the slope fields in...
- 9.3.14: For 1116, consider a solution curve for each of the slope fields in...
- 9.3.15: For 1116, consider a solution curve for each of the slope fields in...
- 9.3.16: For 1116, consider a solution curve for each of the slope fields in...
- 9.3.17: The Gompertz equation, which models growth of animal tumors, is y =...
Solutions for Chapter 9.3: SLOPE FIELDS
Full solutions for Applied Calculus | 5th Edition
See Inverse secant function.
Characteristic polynomial of a square matrix A
det(xIn - A), where A is an n x n matrix
A logarithm with base 10.
See Cartesian coordinate system.
The function y = cos x
Connected subset of the real number line with at least two points, p. 4.
Inverse cosecant function
The function y = csc-1 x
A graph of a polar equation of the form r2 = a2 sin 2u or r 2 = a2 cos 2u.
A function viewed as a mapping of the elements of the domain onto the elements of the range
The value of |r| at the point on the graph of a polar equation that has the maximum distance from the pole
The process of expanding a fraction into a sum of fractions. The sum is called the partial fraction decomposition of the original fraction.
Polar distance formula
The distance between the points with polar coordinates (r1, ?1 ) and (r2, ?2 ) = 2r 12 + r 22 - 2r1r2 cos 1?1 - ?22
Real numbers shown to the right of the origin on a number line.
The distance from a point on a circle (or a sphere) to the center of the circle (or the sphere).
Numbers that can be written as a/b, where a and b are integers, and b ? 0.
Reflection through the origin
x, y and (-x,-y) are reflections of each other through the origin.
Right-hand limit of ƒ at x a
The limit of ƒ as x approaches a from the right.
A procedure for fitting a curve y = a sin (bx + c) + d to a set of data
Sum of an infinite geometric series
Sn = a 1 - r , |r| 6 1
A procedure used to divide a polynomial by a linear factor, x - a
Textbook Survival Guides
Having trouble accessing your account? Let us help you, contact support at +1(510) 944-1054 or email@example.com
Forgot password? Reset it here