- 9.5.1: Find particular solutions in 18. dy dt = 0.5(y 200), y= 50 when t = 0
- 9.5.2: Find particular solutions in 18. dP dt = P + 4, P = 100 when t = 0
- 9.5.3: Find particular solutions in 18. dH dt = 3(H 75), H= 0 when t = 0
- 9.5.4: Find particular solutions in 18. dm dt = 0.1m + 200, m(0) = 1000
- 9.5.5: Find particular solutions in 18. dB dt = 4B 100, B= 20 when t = 0
- 9.5.6: Find particular solutions in 18. dQ dt = 0.3Q 120, Q= 50 when t = 0
- 9.5.7: Find particular solutions in 18. dB dt + 2B = 50, B(1) = 100
- 9.5.8: Find particular solutions in 18. dB dt + 0.1B 10 = 0 B(2) = 3
- 9.5.9: Check that y = A+Cekt is a solution to the differential equation dy...
- 9.5.10: A bank account earns 5% annual interest, compounded continuously. M...
- 9.5.11: Money in an account earns interest at a continuous rate of 8% per y...
- 9.5.12: A company earns 2% per month on its assets, paid continuously, and ...
- 9.5.13: A bank account earns 7% annual interest compounded continuously. Yo...
- 9.5.14: One theory on the speed an employee learns a new task claims that t...
- 9.5.15: A patient is given the drug theophylline intravenously at a rate of...
- 9.5.16: A chain smoker smokes five cigarettes every hour. From each cigaret...
- 9.5.17: As you know, when a course ends, students start to forget the mater...
- 9.5.18: (a) Find the equilibrium solution of the equation dy dt = 0.5y 250....
- 9.5.19: (a) What are the equilibrium solutions for the differential equatio...
- 9.5.20: Figure 9.38 gives the slope field for a differential equation. Esti...
- 9.5.21: A yam is put in a 200C oven and heats up according to the different...
- 9.5.22: At 1:00 pm one winter afternoon, there is a power failure at your h...
- 9.5.23: A detective finds a murder victim at 9 am. The temperature of the b...
- 9.5.24: A drug is administered intravenously at a constant rate of r mg/hou...
- 9.5.25: Some people write the solution of the initial value problem dy dt =...
Solutions for Chapter 9.5: APPLICATIONS AND MODELING
Full solutions for Applied Calculus | 5th Edition
See Inverse cotangent function.
The principle of experimental design that makes it possible to rule out other factors when making inferences about a particular explanatory variable
An angle formed by two intersecting planes,
A statement of equality between two expressions.
Law of cosines
a2 = b2 + c2 - 2bc cos A, b2 = a2 + c2 - 2ac cos B, c2 = a2 + b2 - 2ab cos C
An expression of the form logb x (see Logarithmic function)
Multiplicative inverse of a real number
The reciprocal of b, or 1/b, b Z 0
For any positive integer n, n factorial is n! = n.(n - 1) . (n - 2) .... .3.2.1; zero factorial is 0! = 1
A process for gathering data from a subset of a population through current or past observations. This differs from an experiment in that no treatment is imposed.
An interval that does not include its endpoints.
Parallelogram representation of vector addition
Geometric representation of vector addition using the parallelogram determined by the position vectors.
A function whose domain is divided into several parts with a different function rule applied to each part, p. 104.
The measure of a central angle whose intercepted arc has a length equal to the circle’s radius.
Recursively defined sequence
A sequence defined by giving the first term (or the first few terms) along with a procedure for finding the subsequent terms.
If a polynomial f(x) is divided by x - c , the remainder is ƒ(c)
Root of an equation
Tangent line of ƒ at x = a
The line through (a, ƒ(a)) with slope ƒ'(a) provided ƒ'(a) exists.
See Component form of a vector.
Vertical line test
A test for determining whether a graph is a function.
A shift of a graph up or down.