- Chapter 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 10: Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Chapter 11: Conic Sections
- Chapter 12: Sequences and Series
- Chapter 13: Limits: A Preview of Calculus
- Chapter 2: Functions
- Chapter 3: Polynomial and Rational 3 Functions
- Chapter 4: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Chapter 5: Trigonometric Functions: Unit Circle Approach
- Chapter 6: Trigonometric Functions: Right Triangle Approach
- Chapter 7: Analytic Trigonometry
- Chapter 8: Polar Coordinates 8 and Parametric Equations
- Chapter 9: PVectors in Two and Three Dimensions
Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus (Standalone Book) 7th Edition - Solutions by Chapter
Full solutions for Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus (Standalone Book) | 7th Edition
Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus (Standalone Book) | 7th Edition - Solutions by ChapterGet Full Solutions
See Compound fraction.
A letter or symbol that stands for a specific number,
The function y = cot x
An identity involving a trigonometric function of u - v
equation of a parabola
(x - h)2 = 4p(y - k) or (y - k)2 = 4p(x - h)
Exponential decay function
Decay modeled by ƒ(x) = a ? bx, a > 0 with 0 < b < 1.
Future value of an annuity
The net amount of money returned from an annuity.
The line is a horizontal asymptote of the graph of a function ƒ if lim x:- q ƒ(x) = or lim x: q ƒ(x) = b
A procedure for fitting a logistic curve to a set of data
Position vector of the point (a, b)
The vector <a,b>.
An angle in standard position whose terminal side lies on an axis.
See Division algorithm for polynomials.
A statistical measure that does not change much in response to outliers.
The distance from the center of an ellipse to a point on the ellipse along a line perpendicular to the major axis.
A square matrix with zero determinant
Standard form of a complex number
a + bi, where a and b are real numbers
Standard form: equation of a circle
(x - h)2 + (y - k2) = r 2
The line x = a is a vertical asymptote of the graph of the function ƒ if limx:a+ ƒ1x2 = q or lim x:a- ƒ1x2 = q.
See Weighted mean.
See n factorial.