- 2-3.q1: Find the limit of 13x/x as x approaches zero.
- 2-3.q2: ketch the graph of a function if 3 is the limit as x approaches 2 b...
- 2-3.q3: Sketch the graph of a function that is decreasing slowly when x = 4.
- 2-3.q4: Sketch the graph of a quadratic function.
- 2-3.q5: Sketch the graph of y = x3.
- 2-3.q6: Factor: x2 100
- 2-3.q7: Thirty is what percentage of 40?
- 2-3.q8: What is meant by definite integral?
- 2-3.q9: Divide quickly, using synthetic substitution:
- 2-3.q10: When simplified, the expression (12x30)/(3x10) becomes A. 9x3 B. 9x...
- 2-3.1: Limit of a Function Plus a Function Problem: Let g(x) = x2 and h(x)...
- 2-3.2: Limit of a Constant Times a Function Problem: Plot g(x) = x2 and f(...
- 2-3.3: Limit of a Constant Problem: Let f(x) = 7. Sketch the graph of f. (...
- 2-3.4: Limit of x Problem: Let f(x) = x. Sketch the graph of f. (Don't was...
- 2-3.5: Limit of a Product Problem: Let f(x) = (2x2)(3 sin x). Plot the gra...
- 2-3.6: Limit of a Quotient Problem: Let Write the values of 23 and sin , t...
- 2-3.7: For 7 and 8, find the limit as x approaches the given value. Prove ...
- 2-3.8: For 7 and 8, find the limit as x approaches the given value. Prove ...
- 2-3.9: For 914, plot the graph using a friendly window with the given valu...
- 2-3.10: For 914, plot the graph using a friendly window with the given valu...
- 2-3.11: For 914, plot the graph using a friendly window with the given valu...
- 2-3.12: For 914, plot the graph using a friendly window with the given valu...
- 2-3.13: For 914, plot the graph using a friendly window with the given valu...
- 2-3.14: For 914, plot the graph using a friendly window with the given valu...
- 2-3.15: Check the Answer by Table Problem: For 11, make a table of values o...
- 2-3.16: Check the Answer by Graph Problem: For the graph you plotted in 13,...
- 2-3.17: For 17 and 18, show that even though the function takes on the inde...
- 2-3.18: For 17 and 18, show that even though the function takes on the inde...
- 2-3.19: Pizza Delivery Problem: Ida Livermore starts off on her route. She ...
- 2-3.20: Exact Derivative Problem: Let f(x) = x3. a. Find, approximately, th...
- 2-3.21: Find, approximately, the derivative of f(x) = 0.7x when x = 5.
- 2-3.22: Find, approximately, the definite integral of f(x) = 1.4x from x = ...
- 2-3.23: Mathematical Induction Limit of a Power: Recall that x2 = x x, so y...
- 2-3.24: Journal Problem: Update your calculus journal. You should consider ...
Solutions for Chapter 2-3: The Limit Theorems
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
See Inverse cotangent function.
See Inverse sine function.
In statistics, a nonnumerical variable such as gender or hair color. Numerical variables like zip codes, in which the numbers have no quantitative significance, are also considered to be categorical.
An interval that includes its endpoints
The graph of the parametric equations
Angle measure equal to 1/60 of a degree.
Multiplication property of inequality
If u < v and c > 0, then uc < vc. If u < and c < 0, then uc > vc
A logarithm with base e.
Angle generated by clockwise rotation.
A function whose graph is symmetric about the origin (ƒ(-x) = -ƒ(x) for all x in the domain of f).
A function whose domain is divided into several parts with a different function rule applied to each part, p. 104.
Present value of an annuity T
he net amount of your money put into an annuity.
Quadratic equation in x
An equation that can be written in the form ax 2 + bx + c = 01a ? 02
Numbers that can be written as a/b, where a and b are integers, and b ? 0.
Standard form of a complex number
a + bi, where a and b are real numbers
Sum of complex numbers
(a + bi) + (c + di) = (a + c) + (b + d)i
Sum of functions
(ƒ + g)(x) = ƒ(x) + g(x)
A matrix A = [aij] with the property aij = aji for all i and j
Vertical stretch or shrink
See Stretch, Shrink.