- 4.T1: PART 1: No calculators allowed (T1T5) Write the power rule for deri...
- 4.T2: PART 1: No calculators allowed (T1T5)In deriving the quotient rule ...
- 4.T3: PART 1: No calculators allowed (T1T5)Use the quotient rule and the ...
- 4.T4: PART 1: No calculators allowed (T1T5) Use the definition of the inv...
- 4.T5: PART 1: No calculators allowed (T1T5)For this function, find and .x...
- 4.T6: PART 2: Graphing calculators allowed (T6T24) Is the function c(x) =...
- 4.T7: PART 2: Graphing calculators allowed (T6T24)If f(x) = sec x, find (...
- 4.T8: PART 2: Graphing calculators allowed (T6T24)Sketch the graph of a f...
- 4.T9: PART 2: Graphing calculators allowed (T6T24) Is the function c(x) =...
- 4.T10: For T10T15, find the derivative.f(x) = sec 5x
- 4.T11: For T10T15, find the derivative.y = tan7/3 x
- 4.T12: For T10T15, find the derivative. f(x) = (2x 5)6(5x 1)2
- 4.T13: For T10T15, find the derivative.f(x) =
- 4.T14: For T10T15, find the derivative.x = sec 2t y = tan 2t3
- 4.T15: For T10T15, find the derivative. y = 4 sin1 (5x3)
- 4.T16: Rotated Ellipse Problem: Figure 4-10g shows the graph of 9x2 20xy +...
- 4.T17: Let f(x) = x3 + 1, if x 1 a(x 2)2 + b, if x > 1 Use one-sided limit...
- 4.T18: Let y = x7/3. Raise both sides to the third power, getting y3 = x7,...
- 4.T19: Show that = cot 1
- 4.T20: Find:
- 4.T21: If t is time in hours, what does dx/dt equal?
- 4.T22: Find d /dt as a function of x. Plot the graph on your grapher and s...
- 4.T23: Where is the plane when is changing fastest?
- 4.T24: What did you learn as a result of taking this test that you did not...
Solutions for Chapter 4: Products, Quotients, and Parametric Functions
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
A value ƒ(c) is an absolute maximum value of ƒ if ƒ(c) ? ƒ(x) for all x in the domain of ƒ.
A triangle in which all angles measure less than 90°
The central point in a circle, ellipse, hyperbola, or sphere
An interval that includes its endpoints
a + b = b + a ab = ba
Completing the square
A method of adding a constant to an expression in order to form a perfect square
Compounded k times per year
Interest compounded using the formula A = Pa1 + rkbkt where k = 1 is compounded annually, k = 4 is compounded quarterly k = 12 is compounded monthly, etc.
Variable representing the range value of a function (usually y)
Difference of two vectors
<u1, u2> - <v1, v2> = <u1 - v1, u2 - v2> or <u1, u2, u3> - <v1, v2, v3> = <u1 - v1, u2 - v2, u3 - v3>
Irreducible quadratic over the reals
A quadratic polynomial with real coefficients that cannot be factored using real coefficients.
Law of sines
sin A a = sin B b = sin C c
Linear inequality in two variables x and y
An inequality that can be written in one of the following forms: y 6 mx + b, y … mx + b, y 7 mx + b, or y Ú mx + b with m Z 0
nth power of a
The number with n factors of a , where n is the exponent and a is the base.
Permutations of n objects taken r at a time
There are nPr = n!1n - r2! such permutations
The collection of probabilities of outcomes in a sample space assigned by a probability function.
A degree 4 polynomial function.
A measure of how a data set is spread
Stemplot (or stem-and-leaf plot)
An arrangement of a numerical data set into a specific tabular format.
Vertical stretch or shrink
See Stretch, Shrink.
The directed distance from the xy-plane to a point in space, or the third number in an ordered triple.