- 5-6.Q1: r(x) = m(x) dx if and only if ?.
- 5-6.Q2: Write the definition of derivative
- 5-6.Q3: How fast is f(x) = x2 changing when x = 3?
- 5-6.Q4: Find dy: y = sec x
- 5-6.Q5: Find : y = (x2 + 3)4
- 5-6.Q6: Find d2z/du2: z = sin 5u
- 5-6.Q7: Find (x): f(x) = 73
- 5-6.Q8: Using equal increments, find the upper Riemann sum, R4, for dx
- 5-6.Q9: Sketch a graph that shows the conclusion of the mean value theorem.
- 5-6.Q10: 5x dx = ? A. x5x 1 + C B. 5x + C C. 5x ln x + C D. 5x ln 5 + C + C
- 5-6.1: For the integral I = 10x1.5 dx, do the following. a. Find the exact...
- 5-6.2: Let I = sin x dx. Find the exact value of I by using the fundamenta...
- 5-6.3: State the fundamental theorem of calculus.
- 5-6.4: Prove that if f is an integrable function, then for any partition o...
- 5-6.5: Prove the fundamental theorem of calculus by using the result of as...
- 5-6.6: You have proved that it is possible to pick a Riemann sum whose val...
- 5-6.7: Freeway Exit Problem: In the design of freeway exit ramps it is imp...
- 5-6.8: The Fundamental Theorem Another Way: Let h be the square root funct...
- 5-6.9: Riemann Sum Sketching Problem: Sketch appropriate rectangles to sho...
- 5-6.10: Journal Problem: Update your journal with what youve learned. Inclu...
Solutions for Chapter 5-6: The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
Chord of a conic
A line segment with endpoints on the conic
Facts collected for statistical purposes (singular form is datum)
See nth power of a.
The left side of u(v + w) = uv + uw.
Focal width of a parabola
The length of the chord through the focus and perpendicular to the axis.
Implicitly defined function
A function that is a subset of a relation defined by an equation in x and y.
See Polynomial function in x.
The final digit of a number in a stemplot.
In an experimental study, an inactive treatment that is equivalent to the active treatment in every respect except for the factor about which an inference is to be made. Subjects in a blind experiment do not know if they have been given the active treatment or the placebo.
The function ƒ(x) = 1x
Two points that are symmetric with respect to a lineor a point.
A variable that is affected by an explanatory variable.
A 90° angle.
A plot of all the ordered pairs of a two-variable data set on a coordinate plane.
Second-degree equation in two variables
Ax 2 + Bxy + Cy2 + Dx + Ey + F = 0, where A, B, and C are not all zero.
A procedure for fitting a curve y = a sin (bx + c) + d to a set of data
Stretch of factor c
A transformation of a graph obtained by multiplying all the x-coordinates (horizontal stretch) by the constant 1/c, or all of the y-coordinates (vertical stretch) of the points by a constant c, c, > 1.
The rectangular portion of the coordinate plane specified by the dimensions [Xmin, Xmax] by [Ymin, Ymax].
The y-value of the bottom of the viewing window.