- 7-2.Q1: Sketch: y = ex
- 7-2.Q2: Sketch: y = ex
- 7-2.Q3: Sketch: y = ln x
- 7-2.Q4: Sketch: y = x2
- 7-2.Q5: Sketch: y = x3
- 7-2.Q6: Sketch: y = 1/x
- 7-2.Q7: Sketch: y = x
- 7-2.Q8: Sketch: y = 3
- 7-2.Q9: Sketch: x = 4
- 7-2.Q10: Sketch: y = 3 x
- 7-2.1: Bacteria Problem: Bacteria in a lab culture (Figure 7-2c) grow in s...
- 7-2.2: Nitrogen-17 Problem: When a water-cooled nuclear power plant is in ...
- 7-2.3: Chemical Reaction Problem: Suppose that a rare substance called cal...
- 7-2.4: Car Trade-In Problem: Major purchases, like cars, depreciate in val...
- 7-2.5: Biological Half-Life Problem: While working, you accidentally inhal...
- 7-2.6: Carbon-14 Dating Problem: Carbon-14 is an isotope of carbon that fo...
- 7-2.7: Compound Interest I: Banks compound interest on savings continuousl...
- 7-2.8: Compound Interest II: If interest in a savings account is compounde...
- 7-2.9: Negative Initial Condition Problem: Suppose that the differential e...
- 7-2.10: Initial Condition Not x = 0 Problem: Suppose that the differential ...
- 7-2.11: Generalization Problem: In this section you worked problems in whic...
Solutions for Chapter 7-2: Exponential Growth and Decay
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
A relationship between two variables in which the values of the response variable are directly affected by the values of the explanatory variable
Coefficient of determination
The number r2 or R2 that measures how well a regression curve fits the data
A fractional expression in which the numerator or denominator may contain fractions
See Right circular cone.
Endpoint of an interval
A real number that represents one “end” of an interval.
See Power function.
The final digit of a number in a stemplot.
A Riemann sum approximation of the area under a curve ƒ(x) from x = a to x = b using x1 as the left-hand endpoint of each subinterval
A polynomial with exactly one term.
A model determined by analyzing numbers or data in order to gain insight into a phenomenon, p. 64.
The function ƒ(x) = 1x
Zeros of multiplicity ? 2 (see Multiplicity).
Sample standard deviation
The standard deviation computed using only a sample of the entire population.
See Finite sequence, Infinite sequence.
Standard representation of a vector
A representative arrow with its initial point at the origin
a - b = a + (-b)
A number that is a sum of the arithmetic series 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n for some natural number n.
Vector equation for a line in space
The line through P0(x 0, y0, z0) in the direction of the nonzero vector V = <a, b, c> has vector equation r = r0 + tv , where r = <x,y,z>.
The vector <0,0> or <0,0,0>.