- 10-5.Q1: If f(x) = x sin x, find (x).
- 10-5.Q2: If g(x) = x ln x, find (x).
- 10-5.Q3: If h(x) = xex, find h(x) dx.
- 10-5.Q4: The minimal path problems of Section 10-4 are equivalent to what la...
- 10-5.Q5: ln (exp x) = ?
- 10-5.Q6: Sketch a paraboloid.
- 10-5.Q7: Sketch: y = x1/3
- 10-5.Q8: |velocity|d(time) = total distance or net displacement?
- 10-5.Q9: Who is credited with inventing calculus?
- 10-5.Q10: The sum of 1 + 2 + 3 + + 98 + 99 + 100 is ?. A. 303 B. 5,000 C. 5,0...
- 10-5.1: Rocket Problem: Jeff is out Sunday driving in his spaceship. As he ...
- 10-5.2: Truck Problem: Miles Moore owns a truck. His driver, Ouida Liver, r...
- 10-5.3: Number I: Find the number that exceeds its square by the greatest a...
- 10-5.4: Number II: Find the number greater than or equal to 2 that exceeds ...
- 10-5.5: Frans Optimal Study Time Problem: Fran forgot to study for her calc...
- 10-5.6: Motor Oil Viscosity Problem: The viscosity (resistance to flow) of ...
- 10-5.7: Cylinder-in-the-Cone I: A right circular cone has height 6 in. and ...
- 10-5.8: Cylinder-in-the-Cone II: A cone of radius 6 in. and height 18 in. h...
- 10-5.9: Quartic Parabola Tank Problem: A water storage tank has the shape o...
- 10-5.10: Cylinder in Paraboloid Problem: A paraboloid is Figure 10-5b a. If ...
- 10-5.11: Pig Sale Problem: Anns pig weighs 1000 lb and is gaining 15 lb/day....
- 10-5.12: Bridge Problem: Suppose that you work for a construction company th...
Solutions for Chapter 10-5: Maximum and Minimum Problems in Motion and Elsewhere
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
Addition principle of probability.
P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A and B). If A and B are mutually exclusive events, then P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B)
Measure of the clockwise angle that the line of travel makes with due north
Equivalent equations (inequalities)
Equations (inequalities) that have the same solutions.
The terms of the Fibonacci sequence.
Graph of a relation
The set of all points in the coordinate plane corresponding to the ordered pairs of the relation.
The graph of the linear inequality y ? ax + b, y > ax + b y ? ax + b, or y < ax + b.
Initial side of an angle
A graph of a polar equation r = a b sin u or r = a b cos u with a > 0 b > 0
Linear regression equation
Equation of a linear regression line
Any of the real numbers in a matrix
See Absolute value of a complex number.
Multiplicative inverse of a real number
The reciprocal of b, or 1/b, b Z 0
Theorem In a right triangle with sides a and b and hypotenuse c, c2 = a2 + b2
Quotient rule of logarithms
logb a R S b = logb R - logb S, R > 0, S > 0
Right-hand limit of ƒ at x a
The limit of ƒ as x approaches a from the right.
Secant line of ƒ
A line joining two points of the graph of ƒ.
Sum of complex numbers
(a + bi) + (c + di) = (a + c) + (b + d)i
The numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, ... .
The directed distance from the x-axis xz-plane to a point in a plane (space), or the second number in an ordered pair (triple), pp. 12, 629.