- 11-2.Q1: What is the area under one arch of y = sin x?
- 11-2.Q2: What is the area under y = 4 x2 from x = 2 to x = 2?
- 11-2.Q3: Find a velocity equation if the acceleration is a = tan t.
- 11-2.Q4: Find the acceleration equation if the velocity is v = ln t.
- 11-2.Q5: Name the theorem that allows definite integrals to be calculated by...
- 11-2.Q6: f(x) dx is a (n) ? sum
- 11-2.Q7: Name the technique for integrating ex cos x dx.
- 11-2.Q8: Name the technique for finding dy/dx if x3y5 = x sin2 y.
- 11-2.Q9: Name the quick method for resolving an expression into partial frac...
- 11-2.Q10: The average value of y = sin x for one complete cycle is ?. A. 0 B....
- 11-2.1: Leaking Bucket Problem: Llara pulls a bucket of water up from the b...
- 11-2.2: Spaceship Problem: A spaceship on a launchpad weighs 30 tons (Figur...
- 11-2.3: Spring Problem: It takes work to compress a spring (work = force di...
- 11-2.4: Table Moving Problem: You push a table across the floor. At first, ...
- 11-2.5: Conical Reservoir Problem: A conical reservoir 30 ft in diameter an...
- 11-2.6: Paraboloidal Tank Problem: A tank is made in the shape of the parab...
- 11-2.7: Spherical Water Tower Problem: A spherical water tower 40 ft in dia...
- 11-2.8: Flooded Ship Problem: A compartment in a ship is flooded to a depth...
- 11-2.9: Carnot Cycle Problem: An automobile engine works by burning gasolin...
Solutions for Chapter 11-2: Work Done by a Variable Force
Full solutions for Calculus: Concepts and Applications | 2nd Edition
Additive inverse of a complex number
The opposite of a + bi, or -a - bi
The case in which two sides and a nonincluded angle can determine two different triangles
An observational study that gathers data from an entire population
The gathering and processing of numerical information
The behavior of a graph of a function as.
General form (of a line)
Ax + By + C = 0, where A and B are not both zero.
Implicitly defined function
A function that is a subset of a relation defined by an equation in x and y.
Inverse composition rule
The composition of a one-toone function with its inverse results in the identity function.
Limit to growth
See Logistic growth function.
A pair of real numbers (x, y), p. 12.
Paraboloid of revolution
A surface generated by rotating a parabola about its line of symmetry.
Product of complex numbers
(a + bi)(c + di) = (ac - bd) + (ad + bc)i
A procedure for fitting a quartic function to a set of data.
See Elementary row operations.
The distance from the center to a vertex of an ellipse.
Sum of complex numbers
(a + bi) + (c + di) = (a + c) + (b + d)i
Term of a polynomial (function)
An expression of the form anxn in a polynomial (function).
A shift of a graph up or down.
The function that associates points on the unit circle with points on the real number line
Having trouble accessing your account? Let us help you, contact support at +1(510) 944-1054 or email@example.com
Forgot password? Reset it here