- 9.1: Let A = _ 1 1 0 2 _ (a) Find Ax when x = _ 1 1 _ . Graph both x and...
- 9.2: Let A = _ 3 1/2 5 1/2 _ (a) Find Ax when x = _ 2 1 _ . Graph both x...
- 9.3: Given the Leslie matrix L = _ 1.5 0.875 0.5 0 _ find the growth rat...
- 9.4: Given the Leslie matrix L = _ 0.5 2.99 0.25 0 _ find the growth rat...
- 9.5: Let AB = _ 0 1 2 1 _ and A1 = _ 4 1 8 1 _ Find B.
- 9.6: Let (AB) 1 = _ 1 3 0 2 _ and B = _ 0 2 1 3 _ Find A.
- 9.7: Explain two different ways to solve a system of the form a11x1 + a1...
- 9.8: Suppose that a11x1 + a12x2 = b1 a21x1 + a22x2 = b2 has infinitely m...
- 9.9: Let ax + 3y = 0 x y = 0 How do you need to choose a so that this sy...
- 9.10: Let A be a 22 matrix and X and B be 21 matrices. Assume that det A ...
- 9.11: Suppose that L = _ 0.5 2.3 a 0 _ is the Leslie matrix of a populati...
- 9.12: Suppose that L = _ 0.5 2.0 0.1 0 _ is the Leslie matrix of a popula...
- 9.13: Show that the eigenvalues of _ a c 0 b _ are equal to a and b.
- 9.14: Show that the eigenvalues of _ a 0 c b _ are equal to a and b.
Solutions for Chapter 9: Review Problems
Full solutions for Calculus For Biology and Medicine (Calculus for Life Sciences Series) | 3rd Edition
See Inverse cotangent function.
An angle whose vertex is the center of a circle
Coefficient of determination
The number r2 or R2 that measures how well a regression curve fits the data
The terms of the Fibonacci sequence.
Focal length of a parabola
The directed distance from the vertex to the focus.
Frequency table (in statistics)
A table showing frequencies.
y = b.
Notation used to specify intervals, pp. 4, 5.
Limit at infinity
limx: qƒ1x2 = L means that ƒ1x2 gets arbitrarily close to L as x gets arbitrarily large; lim x:- q ƒ1x2 means that gets arbitrarily close to L as gets arbitrarily large
See Natural logarithmic regression
A mathematical structure that approximates phenomena for the purpose of studying or predicting their behavior
Median (of a data set)
The middle number (or the mean of the two middle numbers) if the data are listed in order.
See Absolute value of a complex number.
A function in which ƒ(x)is a polynomial in x, p. 158.
The graph in three dimensions of a seconddegree equation in three variables.
See Reference triangle
A function that maps real numbers to real numbers.
The line segment whose endpoints are the vertices of a hyperbola.
A letter that represents an unspecified number.
A procedure of a graphing utility used to view more of the coordinate plane (used, for example, to find theend behavior of a function).