- 12-126.96.36.199: Use the Finite Difference method to approximate the solution to 2u ...
- 12-188.8.131.52: Use the Finite Difference method to approximate the solution to 2u ...
- 12-184.108.40.206: Approximate the solutions to the following elliptic partial differe...
- 12-220.127.116.11: Repeat Exercise 3(a) using extrapolation with h0 = 0.2, h1 = h0/2, ...
- 12-18.104.22.168: Construct an algorithm similar to Algorithm 12.1, except use the SO...
- 12-22.214.171.124: Repeat Exercise 3 using the algorithm constructed in Exercise 5.
- 12-126.96.36.199: A coaxial cable is made of a 0.1-in.-square inner conductor and a 0...
- 12-188.8.131.52: A 6-cm by 5-cm rectangular silver plate has heat being uniformly ge...
Solutions for Chapter 12-1: Elliptic Partial Differential Equations
Full solutions for Numerical Analysis (Available Titles CengageNOW) | 8th Edition
An arrangement of elements of a set, in which order is not important
A number that is associated with a square matrix
Equal complex numbers
Complex numbers whose real parts are equal and whose imaginary parts are equal.
Graph of parametric equations
The set of all points in the coordinate plane corresponding to the ordered pairs determined by the parametric equations.
Initial side of an angle
limx:aƒ1x2 = L means that ƒ(x) gets arbitrarily close to L as x gets arbitrarily close (but not equal) to a
Multiplication property of equality
If u = v and w = z, then uw = vz
Multiplication property of inequality
If u < v and c > 0, then uc < vc. If u < and c < 0, then uc > vc
A logarithm with base e.
Natural logarithmic regression
A procedure for fitting a logarithmic curve to a set of data.
A function whose domain is divided into several parts with a different function rule applied to each part, p. 104.
An equation in r and ?.
A function that assigns real-number values to the outcomes in a sample space.
An expression that can be written as a ratio of two polynomials.
Reflexive property of equality
a = a
If a polynomial f(x) is divided by x - c , the remainder is ƒ(c)
The line segment whose endpoints are the vertices of a hyperbola.
An interval that extends to -? or ? (or both).
A vector that specifies the motion of an object in terms of its speed and direction.
The function that associates points on the unit circle with points on the real number line