- 6-4.1: In ABC, angle A = 52, angle B = 31, and side a = 8 cm. Find side b ...
- 6-4.2: In PQR, angle P = 13, angle Q = 133, and side q = 9 in. Find side p...
- 6-4.3: In AHS, angle A = 27, angle H = 109, and side a = 120 yd. Find side...
- 6-4.4: In BIG, angle B = 2, angle I = 79, and side b = 20 km. Find side i ...
- 6-4.5: In PAF, angle P = 28, side f = 6 m, and angle A = 117. Find side a ...
- 6-4.6: In JAW, angle J = 48, side a = 5 ft, and angle W = 73. Find side j ...
- 6-4.7: In ALP, angle A = 85, side p = 30 ft, and angle L = 87. Find side a...
- 6-4.8: In LOW, angle L = 2, side o = 500 m, and angle W = 3. Find side l a...
- 6-4.9: Island Bridge Problem: Suppose that you work for a construction com...
- 6-4.10: Walking 1: Amos walks 800 ft along the sidewalk next to a field. Th...
- 6-4.11: Law of Sines for Angles Problem: You can use the law of sines to fi...
- 6-4.12: Accurate Drawing 3: Using computer software such as The Geometers S...
- 6-4.13: Derivation of the Law of Sines Problem: Derive the law of sines. If...
Solutions for Chapter 6-4: Oblique Triangles: Law of Sines
Full solutions for Precalculus with Trigonometry: Concepts and Applications | 1st Edition
Addition property of equality
If u = v and w = z , then u + w = v + z
A stemplot with leaves on either side used to compare two distributions.
An interval that has finite length (does not extend to ? or -?)
Coefficient of determination
The number r2 or R2 that measures how well a regression curve fits the data
See Compounded k times per year.
Inverse cosecant function
The function y = csc-1 x
Lower bound of f
Any number b for which b < ƒ(x) for all x in the domain of ƒ
Parametric equations for a line in space
The line through P0(x 0, y0, z 0) in the direction of the nonzero vector v = <a, b, c> has parametric equations x = x 0 + at, y = y 0 + bt, z = z0 + ct.
In an experimental study, an inactive treatment that is equivalent to the active treatment in every respect except for the factor about which an inference is to be made. Subjects in a blind experiment do not know if they have been given the active treatment or the placebo.
Present value of an annuity T
he net amount of your money put into an annuity.
Product of complex numbers
(a + bi)(c + di) = (ac - bd) + (ad + bc)i
Reflection across the x-axis
x, y and (x,-y) are reflections of each other across the x-axis.
A statistical measure that does not change much in response to outliers.
A logarithmic scale used in measuring the intensity of an earthquake.
A finite or infinite sum of terms.
Standard unit vectors
In the plane i = <1, 0> and j = <0,1>; in space i = <1,0,0>, j = <0,1,0> k = <0,0,1>
A matrix A = [aij] with the property aij = aji for all i and j
Upper bound for real zeros
A number d is an upper bound for the set of real zeros of ƒ if ƒ(x) ? 0 whenever x > d.
The y-value of the top of the viewing window.