- 11-5.1: Sierpi skis Triangle Problem: Figure 11-5e shows a triangular pre-i...
- 11-5.2: Sierpi skis Square Problem: Figure 11-5g shows the square pre-image...
- 11-5.3: Barnsleys Method Program: Write or download a program that will plo...
- 11-5.4: Barnsleys Method Program Debugging: Test your program for Barnsleys...
- 11-5.5: Use your Barnsleys method program to plot Sierpi skis triangle from...
- 11-5.6: Use your Barnsleys method program to plot Sierpi skis square from 2...
- 11-5.7: Change the matrices for Sierpi skis square in so that the dilation ...
- 11-5.8: Change the matrices for Sierpi skis square in so that the dilation ...
- 11-5.9: Foersters Tree Problem: Figure 11-5k shows a vertical segment 10 un...
- 11-5.10: Kochs Snowflake Problem: Figure 11-5m shows the line segment repres...
- 11-5.11: Fixed Points in a Strange Attractor: Transformation [A] for the fer...
Solutions for Chapter 11-5: Strange Attractors for Several Iterated Transformations
Full solutions for Precalculus with Trigonometry: Concepts and Applications | 1st Edition
Solutions for Chapter 11-5: Strange Attractors for Several Iterated TransformationsGet Full Solutions
Angle between vectors
The angle formed by two nonzero vectors sharing a common initial point
A function is bounded if there are numbers b and B such that b ? ƒ(x) ? B for all x in the domain of f.
The factor Ae-a in an equation such as y = Ae-at cos bt
p = g(x), where x represents demand and p represents price
An angle formed by two intersecting planes,
Equal complex numbers
Complex numbers whose real parts are equal and whose imaginary parts are equal.
equation of an ellipse
(x - h2) a2 + (y - k)2 b2 = 1 or (y - k)2 a2 + (x - h)2 b2 = 1
See Frequency table.
Graph of an inequality in x and y
The set of all points in the coordinate plane corresponding to the solutions x, y of the inequality.
a + 0 = a, a ? 1 = a
Connected subset of the real number line with at least two points, p. 4.
See Power function.
Mode of a data set
The category or number that occurs most frequently in the set.
A set of n objects.
Opens upward or downward
A parabola y = ax 2 + bx + c opens upward if a > 0 and opens downward if a < 0.
A trigonometric identity that reduces the power to which the trigonometric functions are raised.
The graph in three dimensions of a seconddegree equation in three variables.
An identity involving a trigonometric function of u + v
A circle with radius 1 centered at the origin.
Unit vector in the direction of a vector
A unit vector that has the same direction as the given vector.