- 15-3.1: Given P(x) = x3 5x2 + 2x + 10, a. Plot the graph using an appropria...
- 15-3.2: Given P(x) = x4 + 6x3 + 6x2 12x + 11, a. Plot the graph using an ap...
- 15-3.3: These values give the coordinates of points that are on the graph o...
- 15-3.4: These values give the coordinates of points that are on the graph o...
- 15-3.5: Diving Board Problem: Figure 15-3e shows a diving board deflected b...
- 15-3.6: Two-Stage Rocket Problem: A two-stage rocket is fired straight up. ...
- 15-3.7: Television Set Pricing: A retail store has various sizes of televis...
- 15-3.8: Pilgrims Bean Crop Problem: When the Pilgrims arrived in America, t...
- 15-3.9: River Bend Problem: A river meanders back and forth across Route 66...
- 15-3.10: Airplane Payload Problem: The number of kilograms of payload an air...
- 15-3.11: Behavior of Polynomial Functions for Large Values of x: Figure 15-3...
- 15-3.12: Constant-nth-Differences Proof Project: Let f(x) = ax3 + bx2 + cx +...
- 15-3.13: Coefficient of Determination Review Problem: a. Enter the data from...
- 15-3.14: Journal Problem: Enter into your journal what you have learned so f...
Solutions for Chapter 15-3: Fitting Polynomial Functions to Data
Full solutions for Precalculus with Trigonometry: Concepts and Applications | 1st Edition
Angle of depression
The acute angle formed by the line of sight (downward) and the horizontal
Annual percentage rate (APR)
The annual interest rate
An expression a + bi, where a (the real part) and b (the imaginary part) are real numbers
Convergence of a series
A series aqk=1 ak converges to a sum S if imn: q ank=1ak = S
The measure of an angle in degrees, minutes, and seconds
The number found when the corresponding components of two vectors are multiplied and then summed
The difference between the third quartile and the first quartile.
A local maximum or a local minimum
Measure of an angle
The number of degrees or radians in an angle
Probability of an event in a finite sample space of equally likely outcomes
The number of outcomes in the event divided by the number of outcomes in the sample space.
Rectangular coordinate system
See Cartesian coordinate system.
An equation found by regression and which can be used to predict unknown values.
Slope-intercept form (of a line)
y = mx + b
Sum of functions
(ƒ + g)(x) = ƒ(x) + g(x)
Terminal side of an angle
Terms of a sequence
The range elements of a sequence.
Trigonometric form of a complex number
r(cos ? + i sin ?)
Upper bound test for real zeros
A test for finding an upper bound for the real zeros of a polynomial.
An ordered pair <a, b> of real numbers in the plane, or an ordered triple <a, b, c> of real numbers in space. A vector has both magnitude and direction.
The directed distance from the xy-plane to a point in space, or the third number in an ordered triple.