- 12.3.27: In Exercises 2730, perform the indicated matrix multiplication or s...
- 12.3.28: In Exercises 2730, perform the indicated matrix multiplication or s...
- 12.3.29: In Exercises 2730, perform the indicated matrix multiplication or s...
- 12.3.30: In Exercises 2730, perform the indicated matrix multiplication or s...
- 12.3.31: In Exercises 3134, find the inverse of the matrix, if it exists.
- 12.3.32: In Exercises 3134, find the inverse of the matrix, if it exists.
- 12.3.33: In Exercises 3134, find the inverse of the matrix, if it exists.
- 12.3.34: In Exercises 3134, find the inverse of the matrix, if it exists.
Solutions for Chapter 12.3: Systems and Matrices
Full solutions for Precalculus | 1st Edition
An angle whose vertex is the center of a circle
See Compounded k times per year.
Differentiable at x = a
A sequence or series diverges if it does not converge
Domain of validity of an identity
The set of values of the variable for which both sides of the identity are defined
A point where the supply curve and demand curve intersect. The corresponding price is the equilibrium price.
In algebra, a quantity being multiplied in a product. In statistics, a potential explanatory variable under study in an experiment, .
The minimum, first quartile, median, third quartile, and maximum of a data set.
A relation that associates each value in the domain with exactly one value in the range.
Horizontal Line Test
A test for determining whether the inverse of a relation is a function.
Imaginary part of a complex number
See Complex number.
Increasing on an interval
A function ƒ is increasing on an interval I if, for any two points in I, a positive change in x results in a positive change in.
Jump discontinuity at x a
limx:a - ƒ1x2 and limx:a + ƒ1x2 exist but are not equal
A function ƒ for which there is a positive number c such that for every value t in the domain of ƒ. The smallest such number c is the period of the function.
Polar coordinate system
A coordinate system whose ordered pair is based on the directed distance from a central point (the pole) and the angle measured from a ray from the pole (the polar axis)
Sum of a finite geometric series
Sn = a111 - r n 2 1 - r
Symmetric about the origin
A graph in which (-x, -y) is on the the graph whenever (x, y) is; or a graph in which (-r, ?) or (r, ? + ?) is on the graph whenever (r, ?) is
Term of a polynomial (function)
An expression of the form anxn in a polynomial (function).
Vertical line test
A test for determining whether a graph is a function.
The product of a force applied to an object over a given distance W = ƒFƒ ƒAB!ƒ.